Paris Hilton went along with a dumb radio prank iniated by some British DJs. They called up a Glasgow Hilton and had her ask for a family discount:
The prank was aired on the Real Radio Breakfast Show this morning.
During the call, Paris was asked by reservations clerk Kevin whether she had a corporate rate at the hotel.
She was offered a standard queen room for Ã‚Â£170 but asked if she could have a discount.
The sexy star was told by the employee: “There is no discount I can initiate, I’m afraid.”
When she said: “Yes you can”, he replied: “That is the cheapest rate I have available to me.”
Paris then informed the clerk that she will get her manager to call back.
That’s stupid, but it isn’t as rude as some of the other crap that radio DJs pull on air. It seems rather harmless.
It does bring up the mind-boggling issue of celebrities thinking they can get stuff heavily discounted and for free. Since when did making lots of money just for showing up entitle celebrities to get things free too? Of course they are great billboards, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have to pay for stuff like the rest of us.
Here is Paris arriving at Radio One for her interview on 6/26. When are those terrible bug-eyed sunglasses going to out of fashion? [via]
Written by Celebitchy
- The Blemish interviews Carmen Electra [The Blemish]
- Rumer Willis joins Pretty Little Liars [Lainey Gossip]
- Morgan Freeman falls asleep during interview [D-Listed]
- Fug or fab: Isla Fisher [Go Fug Yourself]
- Tamra Barney confirms spinoff [Reality Tea]
- Movie franchises that rebounded [Pajiba]
- Why Dylan McKay is the perfect boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Saoirse Ronan could have been a Lohan [Evil Beet]
- GIFs from Cannes [Popsugar]
- Cat massages a dog [CDAN]
- Heather Graham is so pretty [Celebslam]
- What is Lucy Hale wearing? [Moe Jackson]