Star Jones just can’t stop opening her big mouth. She screwed herself out of a chance to exit The View gracefully by blabbing that she’s leaving on air, and then telling People that she was fired. She should have taken producers’ advice to “make up a story” about why she’s no longer going to annoy the old ladies who watch The View with her shrinking presence. Instead she behaved as arrogantly as she always does and managed to royally piss off Barbara Walters.
Word is that she has almost no chance of getting another job in television now that she’s poured gasoline over all her rickety bridges.
“If she didn’t have something in the works, that would be an extremely bad career move,” explained Brill. “You don’t diss your boss. That’s a serious bridge to burn.”
Especially when your boss is TV legend Walters.
One insider said Reynolds Jones is widely regarded as “unemployable” because of her reputation as a diva.
“Are people going to want to buy the trouble?” he said. “I don’t think so.
“She has won some of the audience with her wounded doe act, but in a year’s time they won’t even remember who she is.”
Another TV source shared doubts about the 44-year-old’s future.
“Star has meetings scheduled on both coasts with possible employers,” she said. “The blast of publicity over her firing will produce a lot of offers – or none at all.
“Some TV executives might be concerned that Star is not a team player.”
Here’s Star on The Today Show. She tries to compare herself to people screwed by big corporations like Enron or Tyco, but she’s totally full of shit. She also says she made the announcement she was leaving on Tuesday instead of Thursday because of the “nastiness” in the media.
That’s part 1 of 2. The second part is here.
She better get television coverage when she can, because she’s talk show poison now.
Written by Celebitchy
- Harry Styles & Kimberly Stewart going strong [Lainey]
- Demi Moore’s new man is gross [D-Listed]
- Fug or fab: Emma Stone [Go Fug Yourself]
- Arrest warrant issued for Jenelle Evans [Reality Tea]
- Only God Forgives review [Pajiba]
- Hugh Jackman, scooter master [Buzzfeed]
- Who does Drew Barrymore call her sister? [Evil Beet]
- Cannes couples past and present [Popsugar]
- Arrested Development supercut [CDAN]
- Lea Michele’s see through skirt [Celebslam]
- Cheating wife’s lover escapes out of window [Movin925]
- Joe Francis is crazy [Starcasm]