The much anticipated Britney Spears episode of Glee aired last night. While it started out rough and with (excellent) musical numbers crammed into a thin plot it partially redeemed itself by the end. Britney herself made several brief appearances, all within the context of the students’ fantasies while they were under dental anesthesia.
The performances were top notch, but I wasn’t really feeling the plot or understanding the point of the show. If felt disjointed, and last week’s season two premiere was tighter in terms of balancing the storyline with the performances. The last song this week, the probably not-so-ironically named “The Only Exception,” did tie into the plot but wasn’t a Britney song at all. Still, it was a fine tribute to Britney and one that she expressed her appreciation for on Twitter. It just didn’t do justice to the show.
Spoiler for future episode
EW has a very good recap if you’re interested, and I agree with their take. E! has more on this episode, including the detail that Gwyneth Paltrow is going to be on twice in November as a substitute teacher and “love interest for Will.” Please spare us! She’s even going to sing.
Written by Celebitchy
- Tabloid covers of Kim Kardashian’s pregnancy [Buzzfeed]
- Henry Cavill rode the bus incognito [Lainey Gossip]
- I have been loving Food Network Star [D-Listed]
- Milla Jovovich’s bizarre dress [Go Fug Yourself]
- Honey Boo Boo in smell-o-vision [Reality Tea]
- What wrecks your suspension of disbelief? [Pajiba]
- Amanda Bynes in Atlantic City [Evil Beet]
- Vintage Father’s Day photos from celebs [Popsugar]
- Nicole Scherzinger at X-Factor auditions [Popoholic]
- Who has a pill habit? [CDAN]
- Tamara Ecclestone bikini photos [Celebslam]