I have a confession: Ethan Hawke is my shame-crush. Like, I don’t even want to admit most days, but I find him sexy. It’s not that he’s “attractive” in any conventional sense, either morally or physically. He’s actually kind of gross, what with the permanent dirt-lip and smug-face and the whole screwing around on Uma Thurman thing. I get it – he’s a dirt bag, and a proto-hipster jagoff. So why do I find him so hot?
First of all, I’ve seen him in television interviews, and he’s really, really good in them. He’s funny, he’s self-deprecating, he’s kind of silly and he acknowledges his own pretensions and naked ambition. Also, when he’s talking, he doesn’t seem so… ratty. So gross. Because he actually has a nice voice, and he isn’t one of those strong silent types – he’s a talker, a gossiper, and I imagine he would be a lot of fun in a bar.
My Ethan Hawke shame-crush started after his initial, youthful hotness faded. Remember Dead Poet’s Society? Remember Reality Bites? Remember Gattaca and Great Expectations? Yeah, I didn’t have a crush on him for any of that. It was only when he got really ratty and dirt-lippy that this shameful, disgusting, awkward crush began. I’m even finding it difficult to describe right now because I’m so turned on by Ethan in these new photos, some from his participation in some event for the Empire State Building, and some for an event sponsored by the Human Rights Campaign for gay marriage. So… at least he’s a political liberal? Can I build a life with a dirty rat-face, just as long as he shares my politics? Sigh… I have issues.
Photos courtesy of WENN.
Written by Kaiser
Posted in Ethan Hawke
- Mariah Carey lip synced on American Idol [CDAN]
- Colin Firth is looking good [Lainey Gossip]
- Internet celebrity charged with murder! [D-Listed]
- What is Paz Vega wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- New bachelors on The Bachelorette [Reality Tea]
- Goodbye to The Office [Pajiba]
- Bachelor Sean’s fiance cheats on him [Evil Beet]
- Britney Spears out with her man [Popsugar]
- Nina Dobrev works it [Popoholic]
- Cindy Crawford needs to lay off the ‘tox [Celebslam]
- Who said it: Carrie Bradshaw or The Dalai Lama? [Buzzfeed]