There have been engagement rumors swirling around Kate Moss for years, and over the past year, they were kicked into overdrive. It seems Kate is very “settled down” with Jamie Hince, and the couple is finally ready to make it official. It’s for real this time – unlike the engagement report last January, or the report of a cracked-out wedding last October. This time Kate has a ring! Here are the best shots of it I could get:
Looks like there’s another celebrated British Kate getting hitched this year.
Kate Moss and rocker Jamie Hince are engaged, reports Britian’s Sun, which says the guitarist from The Kills popped the question in bed Tuesday night, surprising the supermodel with a vintage 1920s engagement ring.
The paper also reports that the pair plans to wed on July 2 with Lila, Moss’s 8-year-old daughter with ex Jefferson Hack, to serve as bridesmaid.
Moss, 37, and Hince, 40, called friends and family on Wednesday to break the news and later celebrated in London with a romantic candlelight dinner.
Mutual friend (and Jude Law’s ex) Sadie Frost originally introduced the couple backstage at a Kills concerts in September 2007.
Well, I’m glad one of Britain’s most famous bachelorettes is finally engaged. I don’t know much about Jamie Hince, but he seems to have good taste in jewelry, and he’s a step up from Pete Doherty in any case. Congratulations to the happy couple!
By the way, these photos are of Kate in Paris today, wearing her new engagement ring. I really like that she was pretty much showing off her ring to the awaiting paparazzi, rather than trying to keep it “hidden”. It says to me that Kate is happy and unconcerned with trying to use this engagement to sell herself or her “story” to a magazine.
Photos courtesy of Fame and WENN.
Written by Kaiser
- The Blemish interviews Carmen Electra [The Blemish]
- Rumer Willis joins Pretty Little Liars [Lainey Gossip]
- Morgan Freeman falls asleep during interview [D-Listed]
- Fug or fab: Isla Fisher [Go Fug Yourself]
- Tamra Barney confirms spinoff [Reality Tea]
- Movie franchises that rebounded [Pajiba]
- Why Dylan McKay is the perfect boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Saoirse Ronan could have been a Lohan [Evil Beet]
- GIFs from Cannes [Popsugar]
- Cat massages a dog [CDAN]
- Heather Graham is so pretty [Celebslam]
- What is Lucy Hale wearing? [Moe Jackson]