Camilla announced well ahead of time that she would be wearing her designer of choice Anna Valentine, who designed the off white gown and long jacket she wore for her wedding to Prince Charles in 2005. Valentine has created many dresses for Camilla over the years so her designer choice for the royal wedding wasn’t surprising.
I found the jacket, which was light gray with a kind of pale peach pleated skirt, pretty on camera but “off” somehow, like she was striving to be a little fashion-forward and didn’t hit the right notes. She paired the jacket with an asymmetrical champagne colored hat with ribbon-type accents. It wasn’t a bad look overall.
On CNN, a lot was made of the fact that the crowd cheered for Camilla, and that she was at the wedding and was able to traditionally greet the queen. Much has passed since Diana’s death and Camilla seems to be accepted by the British people. She’s spent many years earning it. I think it’s clear she’s not striving to be a fashion icon like Diana, but she’s well dressed enough and has her own well established sense of style.
Written by Celebitchy
- The Blemish interviews Carmen Electra [The Blemish]
- Rumer Willis joins Pretty Little Liars [Lainey Gossip]
- Morgan Freeman falls asleep during interview [D-Listed]
- Fug or fab: Isla Fisher [Go Fug Yourself]
- Tamra Barney confirms spinoff [Reality Tea]
- Movie franchises that rebounded [Pajiba]
- Why Dylan McKay is the perfect boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Saoirse Ronan could have been a Lohan [Evil Beet]
- GIFs from Cannes [Popsugar]
- Cat massages a dog [CDAN]
- Heather Graham is so pretty [Celebslam]
- What is Lucy Hale wearing? [Moe Jackson]