Infamous British grafitti artist Banksy, known for sneaking his works of art into galleries like the MOMA, Metropolitan Museum, Tate and Museum of Natural History, has struck out at Paris Hilton by releasing 500 hilariously doctored versions of her debut CD, “Paris.”
In place of Ms Hilton’s bubble-gum pop songs, the CDs feature Banksy’s own rudimentary compositions. On the cover of the doctored CD, Ms Hilton’s dress has been digitally repositioned to reveal her bare breasts; on an inside photo, her head has been replaced with that of her dog.
On the back cover, the original song titles have been replaced with a list of questions: “Why am I famous?”, “What have I done?” and “What am I for?”
Inside the accompanying booklet, a picture of the heiress emerging from a luxury car has been retouched to include a group of homeless people.
In another shot, Ms Hilton’s head has been superimposed on a shop window mannequin beneath a banner reading: “Thou Shalt Not Worship False Icons.”
Instead of Ms Hilton’s own compositions, the replacement CD features 40 minutes of a basic rhythm track over which Banksy has dubbed Ms Hilton’s catchphrase “That’s hot!” and other extracts from her reality TV programme The Simple Life.
That’s hysterical and I can’t wait until photos and tracks from the doctored CD are online.
What the article fails to mention is that Banksy may have a more personal reason to mock Paris. One of his biggest art sales, that of Queen Victoria wearing garters while sitting on a woman’s face, was to Christina Aguilera for over $40,000. While Paris’ debut CD is hardly a threat to Aguilera, with Paris’ CD selling a measly 75,000 copies in the US compared to Aguilera’s 320,000, their albums were released at about the same time. Aguilera’s “Back to Basics” came out on 8/15/06, while “Paris” was released on 8/22.
Once pictures of these CDs come out, I’ll post ‘em here. In the mean time, here are pictures of Paris and Nicky at Pharrell Williams’ pre-VMA party. [via]
Written by Celebitchy
- The Blemish interviews Carmen Electra [The Blemish]
- Rumer Willis joins Pretty Little Liars [Lainey Gossip]
- Morgan Freeman falls asleep during interview [D-Listed]
- Fug or fab: Isla Fisher [Go Fug Yourself]
- Tamra Barney confirms spinoff [Reality Tea]
- Movie franchises that rebounded [Pajiba]
- Why Dylan McKay is the perfect boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Saoirse Ronan could have been a Lohan [Evil Beet]
- GIFs from Cannes [Popsugar]
- Cat massages a dog [CDAN]
- Heather Graham is so pretty [Celebslam]
- What is Lucy Hale wearing? [Moe Jackson]