This is one of the weirdest things I’ve ever read from a new parent attempting to describe his or her babies. Nick Cannon was at some event last night in NYC, and he was asked by the press what life was like with little Moroccan and Monroe. Two outlets got a series of odd comments about the seven-week-old infants:
Nick Cannon had his and Mariah Carey’s 8-week-old twin babies on his mind at the Mercedes-Benz Manhattan opening on Tuesday night.
“My son is a tough guy,” he told us of Moroccan Scott. “He doesn’t cry, he’s already got muscles, so Moroccan was a perfect name for him.”
He seemed to be comparing his daughter, Monroe, to his wife.
“Monroe’s a diva. She always has to get her way, and she loves being held,” he said.
“My son is laid back like me,” Cannon, 30, told Us Weekly Tuesday at the Mercedes-Benz Gala opening in NYC. “My daughter’s a diva like her mom!”
How can the first-time dad tell already that his baby girl is a diva? “When my daughter wants something, she’ll let you know immediately,” he laughed. “With [our son], you kind of feed him when you get around to it, and he’s okay with that.”
The America’s Got Talent host said he and Carey, 42, split diaper duty pretty evenly. But Carey is much better at the dirty task! “My diapers tend to leak,” Cannon admitted.
So just how is Cannon’s Grammy-winning wife adjusting to motherhood? “She’s amazing,” he gushed. “She’s the best mother ever.”
They’re six weeks old! And Moroccan is deemed “a tough guy” with “muscles”? The most bizarre? “…So Moroccan was a perfect name for him!” What does that mean? How many dudes named Moroccan are there, and are they all tough guys with bulging muscles, even when they’re infants? Moroccan better grow up to a be a tough kid, though. You know he’s going to be teased like crazy for that name. Maybe he’ll just go by “Rocky”? “MO-Rocky”?
As for Monroe being a diva like her mom… yes, expected that. I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Photos courtesy of WENN.
Written by Kaiser
- Tabloid covers of Kim Kardashian’s pregnancy [Buzzfeed]
- Henry Cavill rode the bus incognito [Lainey Gossip]
- I have been loving Food Network Star [D-Listed]
- Milla Jovovich’s bizarre dress [Go Fug Yourself]
- Honey Boo Boo in smell-o-vision [Reality Tea]
- What wrecks your suspension of disbelief? [Pajiba]
- Amanda Bynes in Atlantic City [Evil Beet]
- Vintage Father’s Day photos from celebs [Popsugar]
- Nicole Scherzinger at X-Factor auditions [Popoholic]
- Who has a pill habit? [CDAN]
- Tamara Ecclestone bikini photos [Celebslam]