There were rumors last month that Madonna wanted to adopt African twins, and I figured it was a story made up by the inventive British press that was trotted on slow news days. Now her annoying Madgesty is in Malawai for an unannounced humanitarian mission, and word is that she’s serious about coming back with a baby, just like Angelina!
The pop star and an entourage of 10 people landed on a private plane in the capital, Lilongwe, just after 9 a.m. The visit had not been announced.
Andrina Mchiela, secretary to the minister for gender and child welfare, said Madonna planned to adopt a Malawian child during her visit.
She is also meant to fund six projects to benefit underprivileged children, including setting up an orphanage.
That’s good of Madonna to use her enormous wealth to bring attention to how much she cares about the world’s youth. I googled Andrina Mchiela and she’s a real government official in Malawai, so this could be true. If so, look for lots of pictures of Madonna cradling some lucky baby in her buff, veiny arms.
There was a rumor back in early April that 48 year-old Madonna was trying for another baby with her tolerant husband, downtrodden director Guy Richie, who is ten years her junior. She was said to be hoping that a new baby would revitalize their troubled five-year marriage.
If that was true, Madonna seems to be sticking to her strategy. She’s certainly known for being persistent.
Here’s Madonna outside her London gym in late September. [via]
Update: there was a news report that Madonna adopted a one year-old boy, but her representative denies that it’s true.
Written by Celebitchy
- True Blood premiere party photos [Buzzfeed]
- Who went to Courtney Cox’s birthday dinner? [Lainey]
- Guy freaks out at Wendy’s [D-Listed]
- Fug or Fab: Amy Adams [Go Fug Yourself]
- Real Housewives of New Jersey recap [Reality Tea]
- Community’s Dan Harmon apologizes [Pajiba]
- Ozzy and Sharon are back together [Evil Beet]
- Matt Latner wedding photos [Popsugar]
- Kanye West’s mistress changes her story [CDAN]
- Kate Moss is drunk [Celebslam]
- Maniac film review [Moe Jackson]
- Texas mom runs over carjacker [Starcasm]