Proving that her charity knows no bounds and is on a different level entirely than the lame attempts by her boyfriend to save the world, Angelina Jolie is planning to buy a country in Dubai and set it up for African refugees. The Bosh reports:
And the 55-year-old entrepreneur is selling parts of the ‘world’ to anyone rich enough to afford them. The 30-year-old actress, who is due to give birth early in May, is reportedly planning to turn her new purchase into a fair-trade paradise for hundreds of Africans.
A source said: “Angelina has been obsessed with Ethiopia ever since she adopted her second child Zahara from there. Her friends are very jealous of her purchase.”
Jolie will also take out an ad in USA Today next week begging for the US to intervene in the long-standing genocide in The Sudan:
The US could have stepped in and stopped the violence in the Sudan long ago, but the neocons decided they wanted the oil in Iraq and choose to invent a genocide over there. Saddam Hussein may have gassed Kurds in the 80s, but US news outlets downplayed the event at the time. Now an actual genocide has been happening in The Sudan for about three years and no one is doing a thing about it. Saving hundreds of thousands of lives would have cost a fraction of the total of the Iraq war, but no one has given it any attention. Ironically that’s why we pay attention to celebrities. It’s easier than dealing with the tragedy and hypocrisy of the real world, and we’re just as guilty as anyone.
Brad is gearing up his own philanthropic efforts. He will join “environmental group Global Green USA to sponsor a competition that will choose architects to rebuild parts of hurricane-devastated New Orleans.”
Back to our regularly scheduled gossip.
Written by Celebitchy
- The Blemish interviews Carmen Electra [The Blemish]
- Rumer Willis joins Pretty Little Liars [Lainey Gossip]
- Morgan Freeman falls asleep during interview [D-Listed]
- Fug or fab: Isla Fisher [Go Fug Yourself]
- Tamra Barney confirms spinoff [Reality Tea]
- Movie franchises that rebounded [Pajiba]
- Why Dylan McKay is the perfect boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Saoirse Ronan could have been a Lohan [Evil Beet]
- GIFs from Cannes [Popsugar]
- Cat massages a dog [CDAN]
- Heather Graham is so pretty [Celebslam]
- What is Lucy Hale wearing? [Moe Jackson]