Back in May of last year, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie walked the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival for the premiere of Brad’s film, Tree of Life. It was a big moment, with the international entertainment press lapping up all of the Brangelina they could get. A curious thing happened on the day of Brangelina’s big night in Cannes, however. Jennifer Aniston curiously released the information that her dog Norman had passed away… several weeks earlier. It was odd timing, to say the least. Not that I didn’t doubt that Jennifer loved and adored her fur baby and I didn’t doubt that she was likely devastated by the loss. My point then – and now – is that Aniston should have been less obvious with the timing of the announcement.
Anyway, Norman has gone to doggy heaven, and Aniston still has her German shepherd fur baby Dolly to keep her company. But according to this report, Aniston is itching for a new puppy!
Jennifer Aniston is finally adopting. No, not a baby – the actress is bringing home a furry friend!
“Jennifer decided to give herself a New Year’s present to start the year off right – a new dog,” a source tells Star. Since the passing of her Welsh corgi-terrier mix, Norman, last spring, “Jen has been mourning,” explains the source.
Norman was 15 years old when he went to the Great Kennel in the Sky, and Jen has memorialized him with a tattoo of his name on the inside of her right foot. While the 42-year-old actress is still the proud owner of a German shepherd mix named Donny, “Jen is ready to give another needy dog a home.”
Jen found the new pooch, also a shepherd mix, at the Utah-based Best Friends Animal Society last month.
[From Star Magazine, print edition]
Oh, I had forgotten about the dog tattoo too. As for the idea that this is a “needy dog” – really? Isn’t LA full of animal shelters? Did she want a specific breed or mix? Why go all the way to Utah? It’s weird, but whatever. God bless. Aniston loves her puppies, and whoever she adopts will be living the A-list puppy life.
Archive photos of Aniston, Norman and a stunt dog, courtesy of Elle, Vogue and EW.
Written by Kaiser
- The Blemish interviews Carmen Electra [The Blemish]
- Rumer Willis joins Pretty Little Liars [Lainey Gossip]
- Morgan Freeman falls asleep during interview [D-Listed]
- Fug or fab: Isla Fisher [Go Fug Yourself]
- Tamra Barney confirms spinoff [Reality Tea]
- Movie franchises that rebounded [Pajiba]
- Why Dylan McKay is the perfect boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Saoirse Ronan could have been a Lohan [Evil Beet]
- GIFs from Cannes [Popsugar]
- Cat massages a dog [CDAN]
- Heather Graham is so pretty [Celebslam]
- What is Lucy Hale wearing? [Moe Jackson]