These are just some extra ladies from the Screen Actors Guild Awards that I wanted to cover. Does it matter that they’re all over 40? Does it matter that they all look kind of Botoxy? Does it matter that they’re all very talented and really hot? Does it matter that they were all up for awards for work they did in television? Television: Where over-40 actresses go to do great work once Hollywood thinks they’re “over.” Let’s start with one of my favorites, Kyra Sedgwick, BRENDA LEIGH (!!) from The Closer. Kyra wore this cut-out Emilio Pucci gown that for whatever reason really works on her. I’m mystified as to why I like her in this revealing, sexy gown, in this odd color (in these photos it looks red, but it was more orange on television), with her hair down and everything. I think it’s because she just looks so sexy, right? It just works on her, and her body looks so, so good. The Bacon looks good too!
Next up: Diane Lane and Josh Brolin. Diane was nominated for her TV movie role in Cinema Verite. Diane wore this beautiful David Meister gown, which was a great color for her. She also did her (too long) hair in a ponytail, which was one of the bigger hair trends last night – so many girls did ponytails, it was weird. For Diane, I’m not a big fan of the ponytail, but overall, I thought she looked really good. Plus, I like it when Josh comes out to support her rather than vice versa.
Now, I’ve grown to love Julianna Margulies. I’ve recently gotten into The Good Wife, and she’s doing really wonderful work on that show. In the first two seasons, Julianna looks great – AND like a woman in her 40s. But nowadays, she looks odd to me. At the Globes, she looked like a Botox-Monster, and she’s still looking “off” to me in these photos too. Her gown was Calvin Klein, by the way – it looked almost identical to Katrina Bowen’s, who was on E! right before Julianna. Rough. Oh, and what was with the earrings?!?! Damn it, Julianna. At least her husband is super-cute.
Photos courtesy of Fame.
Written by Kaiser
- True Blood premiere party photos [Buzzfeed]
- Who went to Courtney Cox’s birthday dinner? [Lainey]
- Guy freaks out at Wendy’s [D-Listed]
- Fug or Fab: Amy Adams [Go Fug Yourself]
- Real Housewives of New Jersey recap [Reality Tea]
- Community’s Dan Harmon apologizes [Pajiba]
- Ozzy and Sharon are back together [Evil Beet]
- Matt Latner wedding photos [Popsugar]
- Kanye West’s mistress changes her story [CDAN]
- Kate Moss is drunk [Celebslam]
- Maniac film review [Moe Jackson]
- Texas mom runs over carjacker [Starcasm]