At last night’s Time 100 event, Claire Danes opted for more color than the ladies in white. As such, she wore a red Lanvin shift dress made of material that can only properly be described as resembling a Fruit Roll Up. That’s not necessarily a bad thing though because it’s not like she’s pulling a Katy Perry Sweet Tart look and pretending to sit on clouds and poop gum drops. And I do like Fruit Roll Ups even though I rarely indulge (not for weight reasons but because I’ve become quite obsessed with dental health lately). So this is a good (and just daring enough) look for Claire, who accessorized with diamond stud earrings and metallic gold Lanvin platform sandals. Her hair and makeup are appropriate and lovely as well.
Also, this is a great tan trenchcoat that is very flattering to Claire’s coloring and figure.
Rihanna also attended the event but was only photographed outside her NYC hotel (by our photo agencies, anyway). Pacific Coast news notes that Rihanna was “dressed to kill in a hot pink gown and black cape,” but it looked more like she was wearing a fuschia prom dress and a spare coat borrowed from one of her bodyguards. At least she covered all of the necessary parts though, which is really saying a lot when it comes to RiRi and equates to a relative “fashion win” by those standards.
Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet, WENN, and Pacific Coast News
Written by Bedhead
- Mariah Carey lip synced on American Idol [CDAN]
- Colin Firth is looking good [Lainey Gossip]
- Internet celebrity charged with murder! [D-Listed]
- What is Paz Vega wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- New bachelors on The Bachelorette [Reality Tea]
- Goodbye to The Office [Pajiba]
- Bachelor Sean’s fiance cheats on him [Evil Beet]
- Britney Spears out with her man [Popsugar]
- Nina Dobrev works it [Popoholic]
- Cindy Crawford needs to lay off the ‘tox [Celebslam]
- Who said it: Carrie Bradshaw or The Dalai Lama? [Buzzfeed]