Do you remember Nina Dobrev’s killer red Donna Karan at the Emmy Awards last year? It looked like she was born to wear it, and that’s how I feel about this amazing metallic Donna Karan dress she’s sporting at the MET Gala. It’s got a similar fishtail design to her Emmy dress and it just looks stunning on her figure. I love the draping near the asymmetrical neckline which continues around the open back. The dripping metallic design on the dress is fashion-forward and snake-like without making it look like she’s molting. Her updo coupled with elegant makeup and simple starbust earrings are just perfect. Overall this is an amazing look, one of the best of the night.
I’m not as fond of Jessica Alba’s bronze tinfoil-look Michael Kors gown. The cut is very flattering and classic, like old school Hollywood, but the fabric just makes it look cheap somehow. I love her styling though. Her sideswept wavy hair, simple red matte lips, and understated smokey eyes are so pretty and compliment this look. Her gold accessories go well with her dress, although she could have done without the chunky ring. She looks incredibly pretty, but the shininess of the dress is throwing it off somehow.
In silver metallic we have Lana Del Rey, in Joseph Altuzarra. She’s shown here with the designer. The dress might be stunning if I could actually see it. What’s with that bizarre diaphanous black cape around her shoulders? I get that it’s a costume ball and that some ladies are going to dress like superheros, but this is too much. The eggplant purple lipstick just manages to emphasize how bizarrely shaped her lips are. Her hair looks great, though. I like that she didn’t overdo the accessories and just tried to work that cape. It’s not really working for her.
Written by Celebitchy
- Brad Pitt & Jimmy Fallon yodel [Pajiba]
- Jennifer Love Hewitt got her baby daddy a job [Lainey]
- D-Listed's comments are back! [D-Listed]
- What is Eva Longoria wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- Real Housewives of OC recap [Reality Tea]
- A candidate for next Taylor Swift boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Vintage gossip: Ava Gardner [Evil Beet]
- Popular celebrity baby names [Popsugar]
- Emma Roberts looking scrawny [Popoholic]
- Bear gets right next to guy in tree! [CDAN]
- Melissa Joan Hart and Ryan Reynolds? [Celebslam]
- Mariah Carey poses in monokini [Starcasm]