Here are some new photos of Jon Hamm and his girlfriend of 13-plus years, Jennifer Westfeldt, arriving at LAX a few days ago. So… they’re still together. Noted! A few weeks ago, The Daily claimed that Jon Hamm had been spotted all over town, chatting up women at random bars. The report came on the heels of a LaineyGossip blind item that seemed to indicate that Jon Hamm might be the kind of dude who screws around with young ladies, and that Jennifer just kind of goes along with it. A lot of you yelled at me because I kind of felt… meh about it. So, let me clarify.
I still feel meh about it. If Lainey’s blind is true (and it probably is), then yes, The Hamm isn’t the dude I thought he was, and he and Westfeldt don’t have the relationship I thought they did. So… I’m very disappointed in him as a person, but because of his long-standing, historical commitment to actually being a decent dude, I’m still going to hold out hope that A) he’s not as big of d-bag as all of this new information indicates and B) the situation is more complicated than what we think. Some people are comparing this to the Kristen Stewart situation just to create a convoluted straw-man argument of “sexism”. There are no photos of Jon Hamm making out with some chick in a Mini Cooper. There are no photos of him grinding his Hamm Dong on a friendly director. There is no public apology and public declaration of love, inviting us to speculate and judge whether the p ever went in the v. The situation is NOT the same. Even taking The Daily’s report at face value… he bought some ladies some drinks. He had some friendly, drunk conversations. That’s it.
But it’s all okay because Jennifer and Jon are still together. Because they held hands as they were walking out of LAX.
PS… I love Jennifer’s jeans.
Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet.
Written by Kaiser
- True Blood premiere party photos [Buzzfeed]
- Who went to Courtney Cox’s birthday dinner? [Lainey]
- Guy freaks out at Wendy’s [D-Listed]
- Fug or Fab: Amy Adams [Go Fug Yourself]
- Real Housewives of New Jersey recap [Reality Tea]
- Community’s Dan Harmon apologizes [Pajiba]
- Ozzy and Sharon are back together [Evil Beet]
- Matt Latner wedding photos [Popsugar]
- Kanye West’s mistress changes her story [CDAN]
- Kate Moss is drunk [Celebslam]
- Maniac film review [Moe Jackson]
- Texas mom runs over carjacker [Starcasm]