It just struck me as I was looking through these photos of last night’s LA premiere of The Apparition: Ashley Greene is the brunette Blake Lively. A pretty girl who is all hustle and hype, with not that much substance. We can bicker about the levels of hustle and hype, for sure – Blake Lively is superior in that sense, mostly because of the dudes she dates. But there are lots of comparisons to be made between Ashley Greene and Blake Lively. Sidenote: I will also accept comparisons of Ashley to Kellan Lutz!
Anyway, Ashley has been dying to be a full-fledged movie star for a while. You may know her from the Twilight franchise (don’t ask me who she plays – somebody with a really awful wig, right?), and from her infamous statement in which she compared herself to Angelina Jolie… because she was in a love triangle with Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas. For real. Anyway, just like with Blake Lively, I kind of admire Ashley’s hustle. She works hard at her celebrity status. She wants it. This is what she’s been working for: to the biggest “name” on a red carpet, at her own starring vehicle (a budget-looking horror flick).
So how does Ashley perform when it’s her turn to shine? It’s not bad, actually. I kind of love this Donna Karan Atelier dress. It even looks like something Blake Lively would wear – but I think I might like it more on Ashley, a brunette. It really compliments her coloring, and I love the lipstick choice. She has really nice hair too, although I personally would like to see her go a few shades darker. Ashley is the face of Donna Karan these days – I wonder if Donna made this dress for her, or if Ashley just had her pick of the best Donna Karan frocks? Either way, this look is a winner for me.
PS… The one thing I dislike is the too-big cocktail ring. I think it’s a cabochon sapphire (with matching earrings)? It seems gaudy.
Photos courtesy of WENN, Fame/Flynet.
Written by Kaiser
- Brad Pitt & Jimmy Fallon yodel [Pajiba]
- Jennifer Love Hewitt got her baby daddy a job [Lainey]
- D-Listed's comments are back! [D-Listed]
- What is Eva Longoria wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- Real Housewives of OC recap [Reality Tea]
- A candidate for next Taylor Swift boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Vintage gossip: Ava Gardner [Evil Beet]
- Popular celebrity baby names [Popsugar]
- Emma Roberts looking scrawny [Popoholic]
- Bear gets right next to guy in tree! [CDAN]
- Melissa Joan Hart and Ryan Reynolds? [Celebslam]
- Mariah Carey poses in monokini [Starcasm]