Katie Holmes made her first official public appearance last night at the Style Awards, which kick off New York Fashion Week, where (for better or worse) Holmes & Yang will show its latest line in a huge show within the tents at Lincoln Center. Certainly, Katie must be burning with nervous energy at the very thought, and my general reaction here is that she looks really tired and in need of a substantial nap.
As far as fashion goes, Katie wore a Carolina Herrera skirt-and-shirt combo, and she was on hand to present the “Designer of the Year” award to Herrera, so that explains her choice of clothing for the evening. Look at her shoes though! The fug booties were obviously left at home in the care of Suri, and while the shirt looks like something we’ve been watching Katie wear all summer long throughout she and Suri’s NYC jaunts, the skirt is just funky enough to add some kick to the outfit. Understated hair and makup complete her look quite nicely, and this is a fairly appropriate way for Katie to make her return to the red carpet.
Nicole Richie was there too and wore a Anthony Vaccarello cutout-styled dress. The color and the fabric of the dress are stunning against Nicole’s skin, but it’s a tad bit too revealing. At least Nicole pulls it off because she’s not so busty — otherwise, it would have been a rather obscene look. Her hair and makeup fit with the offbeat mood of the dress.
Amy Adams attended as well and wore an eggplant Giambattista Valli dress. This dress is acceptable but not very dramatic. I’d like to see Amy take a few more risks on the red carpet, but it’s not like she’s known as a fashion girl either. Perhaps if Amy had gone with loose, flowing curls, she could have made more of an impact here. Those pointy-toed shoes are pretty awful though.
Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet
Written by Bedhead
- The Blemish interviews Carmen Electra [The Blemish]
- Rumer Willis joins Pretty Little Liars [Lainey Gossip]
- Morgan Freeman falls asleep during interview [D-Listed]
- Fug or fab: Isla Fisher [Go Fug Yourself]
- Tamra Barney confirms spinoff [Reality Tea]
- Movie franchises that rebounded [Pajiba]
- Why Dylan McKay is the perfect boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Saoirse Ronan could have been a Lohan [Evil Beet]
- GIFs from Cannes [Popsugar]
- Cat massages a dog [CDAN]
- Heather Graham is so pretty [Celebslam]
- What is Lucy Hale wearing? [Moe Jackson]