I kept forgetting that Anna Paquin was pregnant, and then I completely forgot that she was expecting twins – Anna and her husband Stephen Moyer announced the bit about twins months after the initial pregnancy announcement. Well, Anna gave birth! The couple released a carefully-worded statement to People Mag so I’m not exactly sure WHEN Anna gave birth, but it was recently and it was earlier than expected – which happens often with twins and multiple births, right? I’ve always heard that women expecting more than one will often deliver weeks earlier than their due date. Anyway, twinsies!
The True Blood twins have arrived.
“We can confirm that Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer recently welcomed their twins into the world,” reps for the actors tell PEOPLE exclusively.
“The babies were born a few weeks early, but are in good health and both Mom and Dad are overjoyed.”
These are the first children together for Paquin, 30, and Moyer, 42, who were married in August 2010.
Moyer has two children — daughter Lilac, 10, and son Billy, 12 — from previous relationships.
The costars just wrapped their fifth season, with the finale of the hit HBO show airing Aug. 26.
No names have been released yet, and we don’t even know the genders. I’m hoping for a boy and girl for them, just because that would be fun, to experience both genders at once. I’m really rooting for Anna and Stephen, and I hope they’re in it for the long haul. I also hope that Anna’s career doesn’t take a hit now that she’s a mom. To her credit, I liked that Anna wasn’t getting pap’d constantly while pregnant. She didn’t seem to have any interest in selling her pregnancy like, say, Jessica Simpson. And it would have been the easiest thing in the world for Anna to have gone that route.
Anyway, congrats to Stephen and Anna! I hope the babies are happy and healthy and everyone is doing well!
Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet and WENN.
Written by Kaiser
- Mariah Carey lip synced on American Idol [CDAN]
- Colin Firth is looking good [Lainey Gossip]
- Internet celebrity charged with murder! [D-Listed]
- What is Paz Vega wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- New bachelors on The Bachelorette [Reality Tea]
- Goodbye to The Office [Pajiba]
- Bachelor Sean’s fiance cheats on him [Evil Beet]
- Britney Spears out with her man [Popsugar]
- Nina Dobrev works it [Popoholic]
- Cindy Crawford needs to lay off the ‘tox [Celebslam]
- Who said it: Carrie Bradshaw or The Dalai Lama? [Buzzfeed]