Just so you know, I’ve been holding off on this post all morning just because I was at a loss for what to call this color. Electric yellow? Vibrant yellow with lime undertones? Chartreuse? Lime? Lemon? Sprite? Go ahead and yell at me in the comments, I’m waiting for you color-identifying know-it-alls to edumacate me. Anyway, three winning ladies wore a dramatically similar shade of yellow last night, to varying results.
Let’s start with Claire Danes. Claire wore Lanvin, and the biggest problem was actually her bump. I’m not anti-bump! I’m simply pro-dressing-for-your-bump. Claire is pretty far along – far enough along that she’s got a sizeable bump. It’s big enough that she needs to start buying and wearing maternity clothes instead of forcing a sack-like Lanvin gown over her bump. Claire loves fashion, and she cares about how she looks, so there was really no excuse for this crap. She just didn’t want to admit that she is too pregnant to wear Lanvin. Sidenote: I was THRILLED for Claire’s win for Homeland. She is excellent on that show.
Here’s Julie Bowen in Monique Lhuillier. I think this is much, much bolder than she usually tries, and I applaud her effort. I wouldn’t have told her to wear this… but it kind of works, right? She actually looked stunning in her own way. The color worked with her coloring, and while her hair was a bit frazzled and overprocessed-looking, overall I think she might have gotten it right. SHOCK!
And here’s Julianne Moore in Dior. Sigh. I love her, I think she’s gorgeous and I love her face. I don’t even hate this color on her – once again, I wouldn’t have chosen this color for her, but it kind of works. My problem is mainly with the funky design. It makes her look thick, right? And the dress did really odd things to her boobs.
Photos courtesy of WENN.
Written by Kaiser
- Mariah Carey lip synced on American Idol [CDAN]
- Colin Firth is looking good [Lainey Gossip]
- Internet celebrity charged with murder! [D-Listed]
- What is Paz Vega wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- New bachelors on The Bachelorette [Reality Tea]
- Goodbye to The Office [Pajiba]
- Bachelor Sean’s fiance cheats on him [Evil Beet]
- Britney Spears out with her man [Popsugar]
- Nina Dobrev works it [Popoholic]
- Cindy Crawford needs to lay off the ‘tox [Celebslam]
- Who said it: Carrie Bradshaw or The Dalai Lama? [Buzzfeed]