Nicole Kidman arrived in LA a few days ago, and the way the paparazzi treated her arrival at the airport, you’d think that Nicole was some kind of major contender during the awards season. Oddly enough, there was such a weird chance that she WOULD be an Oscar contender – Nicole scored both Golden Globe and SAG nominations for her peeing-on-Efron role in The Paperboy. Is Nicole Kidman the kind of actress who gets nominated for simply showing up in a film at this point? Is she at that level? You know who is at that level? Meryl Streep. Maybe Dame Judi Dench. But that’s about it. But no matter how many times I cry “WTF?” about Nicole’s nominations, I’m actually happy that Nicole will be present during the awards season. Just because of fashion… and Botox-face.
Speaking of, here’s a little preview of Nicole’s Golden Globe appearance tonight. Last night (Saturday), Nicole was the main A-list guest at the ‘Gold Meets Golden’ event at The Lounge. Nic wore this rather fantastic Oscar de la Renta suit (the shoes are Nicholas Kirkwood) which is occasion-appropriate and lovely. Keith Urban was there too, looking the same as always. I’m not going to harp on and on about it because I know some of you are die-hard Kidman-loonies, but dear God, THE BOTOX. You know she just got re-frozen for the Globes too. Her face looks freshly jacked. Ugh. She doesn’t need to do this.
Guess who else was at the same event? Stacy Keibler! She wore a Prabal Gurung dress which I’m not crazy about, but I think that’s just because Stacy is one of those girls… those girls who make designer clothes look cheap. It’s a gift. Something nice: her hair is improving.
Photos courtesy of Brian To/WENN.com and Fame/Flynet.
Written by Kaiser
- Brad Pitt & Jimmy Fallon yodel [Pajiba]
- Jennifer Love Hewitt got her baby daddy a job [Lainey]
- D-Listed's comments are back! [D-Listed]
- What is Eva Longoria wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- Real Housewives of OC recap [Reality Tea]
- A candidate for next Taylor Swift boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Vintage gossip: Ava Gardner [Evil Beet]
- Popular celebrity baby names [Popsugar]
- Emma Roberts looking scrawny [Popoholic]
- Bear gets right next to guy in tree! [CDAN]
- Melissa Joan Hart and Ryan Reynolds? [Celebslam]
- Mariah Carey poses in monokini [Starcasm]