This is sad news no matter how you feel about Ashley Judd, because no one ever likes watching a decade-old marriage fall apart. It turns out that Ashley Judd and her race-car driver husband, Dario Franchitti, are splitting up after 11 years of marriage. They certainly looked rather happy together at last fall’s Emmy awards presentation. Or rather, Ashley looked like she was piling on the PDA while Dario was looking at whatever camera would take his picture. Yeah, these two are totally done, and here are the details:
Ashley Judd and Dario Franchitti are splitting after more than a decade of marriage.
“We have mutually decided to end our marriage. We’ll always be family and continue to cherish our relationship based on the special love, integrity, and respect we have always enjoyed,” Judd, 44, and Franchitti, 39, tell PEOPLE exclusively in a statement on Tuesday.
After being engaged for about two years, the “Missing” star and the racecar driver tied the knot in a highly private ceremony in Scotland in 2001.
Judd’s sister, Wynonna Judd, served as maid of honor, while the groom’s brother Mario was the best man.
So Dario’s brother is named Mario? How creative of their parents. But beyond awful puns on my part, this sucks for Ashley and Dario. I’m sure he’ll be fine (he might still be looking around for the nearest camera because honestly, he doesn’t look like the brightest bulb out there), and hopefully, she’ll be okay too. I’d make a half-hearted joke about Ashley penning another wordy essay that blames her divorce on the patriarchy (and I guess I just did), but really, this is sad. All the best to Ashley and Dario as they go their separate ways.
Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet
Written by Bedhead
- The Blemish interviews Carmen Electra [The Blemish]
- Rumer Willis joins Pretty Little Liars [Lainey Gossip]
- Morgan Freeman falls asleep during interview [D-Listed]
- Fug or fab: Isla Fisher [Go Fug Yourself]
- Tamra Barney confirms spinoff [Reality Tea]
- Movie franchises that rebounded [Pajiba]
- Why Dylan McKay is the perfect boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Saoirse Ronan could have been a Lohan [Evil Beet]
- GIFs from Cannes [Popsugar]
- Cat massages a dog [CDAN]
- Heather Graham is so pretty [Celebslam]
- What is Lucy Hale wearing? [Moe Jackson]