These are some photos from last night’s London screening of Nicole Kidman’s new movie, Stoker. I previewed the film last year when the first trailer came out – Nicole seems to be doing a character role as “the unstable mother” in a creepy horror/suspense film starring Mia Wasikowska in the lead role (Mia plays Nicole’s daughter). Matthew Goode is also in the film, and all three actors showed up for the first screening, which is evidence that they’re all proud of the film I think. Here’s the latest trailer… God, this looks so creepy.
First, let’s talk about Nicole. She wore L’Wren Scott, one of her favorite designers (and mine), and I kind of hate it. No, that’s a strong word. I don’t hate it. I just don’t like it on Nicole. The gold turtleneck part is weird/confusing. And I’m not sure about the shade of blue. But, like all L’Wren pieces, at least the tailoring is stellar, right?
Meanwhile, we need to have a conversation about Mia. We rarely talk about her because really I don’t have much to say other than… she’s incredibly talented and she doesn’t seem to do anything scandalous or gossip-worthy. She’s not campaigning for anything, she’s not partying like crazy, she’s not boning every costar (that we know of). She keeps her nose clean and she’s adorable and talented. But… BANGS. Itty-bitty bangs trauma is the worse. Believe it or not, I don’t believe “bangs trauma” is a binary state. There are stages of bangs trauma, and this movement for itty-bitty, too-high bangs is one of the WORST. For me, it’s worse than the shaggy-dog, too-long, covering-the-eyes bangs trauma. I think girls who do these bangs look like alien Spocks. Mia’s dress is Christopher Kane, by the way. It’s blah. Also: Bonus Matthew Goode! He’s so handsome, but he’s such a douche.
Photos courtesy of WENN.
Written by Kaiser
- Brad Pitt & Jimmy Fallon yodel [Pajiba]
- Jennifer Love Hewitt got her baby daddy a job [Lainey]
- D-Listed's comments are back! [D-Listed]
- What is Eva Longoria wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- Real Housewives of OC recap [Reality Tea]
- A candidate for next Taylor Swift boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Vintage gossip: Ava Gardner [Evil Beet]
- Popular celebrity baby names [Popsugar]
- Emma Roberts looking scrawny [Popoholic]
- Bear gets right next to guy in tree! [CDAN]
- Melissa Joan Hart and Ryan Reynolds? [Celebslam]
- Mariah Carey poses in monokini [Starcasm]