Spoiler alert – if we haven’t already spoiled it for you. Sorry about that.
Mischa Barton’s character on The O.C., Marissa Cooper, may die of a drug overdose. Barton has several films coming up and is said to be tired of her ongoing role on the series:
News of Mischa’s departure comes in the wake of reports suggesting she was trying to get fired from the show by pulling a host of sickies. The 20-year-old actress allegedly had become worried about the show’s spiralling ratings and concerned about being typecast as a teen brat.
According to reports, in the last few months Mischa has frequently called in sick or arrived late on set to the displeasure of her bosses.
Marissa had a near-brush with death when she took a handful of prescription drugs while in Mexico in season one of The O.C. Ryan found her passed out, heroically saving her just in time. It will be a sad end to her character, and that’s too bad that she’s not waiting out the end of the series.
O.C. creator Josh Schwartz says the show will go on for one more year, and that there will be a major plot climax at the end of this season. It sounds like he might be talking about Marissa’s death.
Here is Barton with Hayden Christensen in their film in production, The Decameron, a love story set in the middle ages. It is listed on IMDB with the title Guilty Pleasures.
Written by Celebitchy
- The Blemish interviews Carmen Electra [The Blemish]
- Rumer Willis joins Pretty Little Liars [Lainey Gossip]
- Morgan Freeman falls asleep during interview [D-Listed]
- Fug or fab: Isla Fisher [Go Fug Yourself]
- Tamra Barney confirms spinoff [Reality Tea]
- Movie franchises that rebounded [Pajiba]
- Why Dylan McKay is the perfect boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Saoirse Ronan could have been a Lohan [Evil Beet]
- GIFs from Cannes [Popsugar]
- Cat massages a dog [CDAN]
- Heather Graham is so pretty [Celebslam]
- What is Lucy Hale wearing? [Moe Jackson]