Ewan McGregor is making a rare film festival appearance. He’s in Sundance, to promote his film I Love You Phillip Morris, also starring Jim Carrey. It’s based on a true story of a convict (Carrey) who, while in prison, falls in love with a fellow inmate (played by McGregor), and they try to escape. In addition to his film promotion duties, McGregor also picked up the Ray-ban award, presented to him by Alan Cummings. I have no idea what the Ray-ban Award is, and I really don’t care. Did I mention that Ewan McGregor looks incredible?
Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor were an item at the Sundance Film Festival, where their gay romance “I Love You Phillip Morris” premiered.
Carrey and McGregor steam up the screen with some hot and heavy necking.
What was it like for Carrey to lock lips with McGregor?
“A dream come true. I mean, look at the guy,” Carrey said, gesturing at McGregor during a question-and-answer session with the audience after the film’s Sundance premiere Sunday night.
Directed by Glenn Ficarra and John Requa, “I Love You Phillip Morris” is based on the true story of a con man (Carrey) who meets the love of his life (McGregor) in prison, then concocts elaborate escapes and masquerades to free himself and his man.
Carrey and McGregor make a nice couple, their characters’ love story playing out with sweetness, passion and devotion.
The actors said playing gay was all in a day’s work.
“It’s the same as playing any other kind of man, any other kind of character,” said McGregor, saying there was nothing awkward in their kissing and cuddling scenes.
Jim Carrey and I are on the same page. It would be a dream come true to make out with McGregor. I mean, look at the guy! McGregor has been in Sundance for the past few days, and from what I’ve seen, he seems to be very gracious with all of the press and photographers. And I’ve yet to see him at the same place as Paris Hilton, so that’s something.
Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor are shown at a press conference at Sundance on 1/19/09. Credit: Splash News
Written by Kaiser
- Harry Styles & Kimberly Stewart going strong [Lainey]
- Demi Moore’s new man is gross [D-Listed]
- Fug or fab: Emma Stone [Go Fug Yourself]
- Arrest warrant issued for Jenelle Evans [Reality Tea]
- Only God Forgives review [Pajiba]
- Hugh Jackman, scooter master [Buzzfeed]
- Who does Drew Barrymore call her sister? [Evil Beet]
- Cannes couples past and present [Popsugar]
- Arrested Development supercut [CDAN]
- Lea Michele’s see through skirt [Celebslam]
- Cheating wife’s lover escapes out of window [Movin925]
- Joe Francis is crazy [Starcasm]