The American Family Institute honored the famous Arquette family yesterday. Family attending included Courtney Cox-Arquette, David Arquette, Patricia Arquette, Rosanna Arquette, and Alexis Arquette. Friends at the even included Jennifer Aniston, Matthew Perry, Roseanne Barr, Paul Reubens, Laura Dern, Florence Henderson, and Mickey Rooney.
The AFI Associates Platinum Circle Award is awarded each year to recognize a family’s creative contributions to the entertainment community.
Past honorees include the Penns, the Fondas and the Reynolds/Fisher family.
Alexis Arquette is a transvestite with the full support of her family. It is rumored that Courtney Cox was against a planned reality show featuring her cross-dressing brother-in-law’s planned gender reassignment surgery. She refused to appear in the series, and Alexis has decided not to film the show:
Cox’s brother in law, Alexis Arquette, had signed a deal to have his gender reassignment operation filmed a US documentary entitled Alexis Are-Cut.
But reports suggest that Alexis changed his mind, and was unwilling to allow the cameras into the operation or to document the recovery process.
Alexis’ eldest sister, Rosanna, 46, said: “It’s private. We all support him and wouldn’t want him to be involved in any sort of circus act surrounding his decision.”
It sounds like Rosanna didn’t want the show to go forward, either.
Here are pictures from the event yesterday.
Written by Celebitchy
- Mariah Carey lip synced on American Idol [CDAN]
- Colin Firth is looking good [Lainey Gossip]
- Internet celebrity charged with murder! [D-Listed]
- What is Paz Vega wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- New bachelors on The Bachelorette [Reality Tea]
- Goodbye to The Office [Pajiba]
- Bachelor Sean’s fiance cheats on him [Evil Beet]
- Britney Spears out with her man [Popsugar]
- Nina Dobrev works it [Popoholic]
- Cindy Crawford needs to lay off the ‘tox [Celebslam]
- Who said it: Carrie Bradshaw or The Dalai Lama? [Buzzfeed]