John Mayer and Jennifer Aniston have broken up for the final time, according to Us Weekly. The pair haven’t been spotted together in ages (well, since around Christmastime, which is ages in Hollywood), and have finally called it off. It sounds like it was fairly mutual too – Jen thought John was playing games with her head, and John thought she was a control freak. Oddly enough, John just made a few digs at Jen’s ex-husband Brad Pitt in a YouTube video yesterday.
Jennifer Aniston might turn 40 alone on Feb. 11.
Sources told Us that the actress has once again split with John Mayer, 31, because he “needed time to himself.”
“She’s a control freak, and he can be very incommunicative,” a source told the magazine. “Plus, she feels he plays games with her head.”
The couple already broke up/took a two-month hiatus once last August. Will this one stick?
“I would not go so far as to call this a breakup,” said a source close to Mayer. “They have different needs, and it’s hard making it work.”
[From MSNBC’s The Scoop]
That whole “needing time to myself” thing is one of the worst lines in the book. Right after “it’s not you, it’s me.” What it really means is “I need more time with people who are not you.” Jen can obviously do better. I’m not going to go off on the whole, “John Mayer is a douche” thing, because we all know he is and it’s been done to death. If she’s looking for something long-term, then there are a thousand more eligible guys to fill that spot in her life. And if she’s looking for short term, then John filled that spot in her life perfectly.
I really do get sick of articles focusing on Jennifer’s age. It’s part of the whole “poor, pathetic Jennifer” thing, which is ridiculous. So she’s about to be 40. So are a bunch of other people. Why in the world does that matter? She looks better than most of the people half her age. I still think she’s unmarried by choice, not circumstance. I’m sure there are plenty of great guys who would love to be Jen’s date on her birthday – which will probably be a happier one.
Credit: Splash News
Written by JayBird
- Brad Pitt & Jimmy Fallon yodel [Pajiba]
- Jennifer Love Hewitt got her baby daddy a job [Lainey]
- D-Listed's comments are back! [D-Listed]
- What is Eva Longoria wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- Real Housewives of OC recap [Reality Tea]
- A candidate for next Taylor Swift boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Vintage gossip: Ava Gardner [Evil Beet]
- Popular celebrity baby names [Popsugar]
- Emma Roberts looking scrawny [Popoholic]
- Bear gets right next to guy in tree! [CDAN]
- Melissa Joan Hart and Ryan Reynolds? [Celebslam]
- Mariah Carey poses in monokini [Starcasm]