Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban were rumored to be having relationship trouble, as reported by The National Enquirer at the beginning of the month. We mentioned that it didn’t seem true to us.
Kidman and Urban seem to be doing well, becaue they made a rare public appearance together on Saturday at a United Nations Development Fund for Women event. Nicole Kidman serves as a goodwill ambassador and hosted the event, a 30th anniversary celebration for the organization:
Ambassador, actress Nicole Kidman lit up the Hilton New York ballroom today as she played host at UNIFEM’s 30th anniversary gala. Ms Kidman was joined by a bevy of luminaries from the diplomatic,
business, entertainment and fashion worlds, who gathered to honour Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, and Terry J. Lundgren, Chairman, President and CEO of Federated Department Stores, Inc.
“Commemorating UNIFEM’s 30th anniversary is a special opportunity for me to bring UNIFEM’s accomplishments to the attention of a larger audience of concerned citizens,” said Ms Kidman, as she welcomed a packed room of almost 500 guests.
“So many people have come together this evening, not just to look back on UNIFEM’s 30 very impressive years but to look ahead – when you’ve been blessed with a fortunate life, it is very much your duty to find the places where you can give back. I’m so proud to be part of UNIFEM’s present and future.”
UNIFEM aims to “foster women’s empowerment and gender equality” through programs supporting women throughout the world.
In the pictures of the event, there was no sign of the wedding ring that Nicole was spotted wearing while in the Hamptons at the end of April. She is wearing the engagement ring that she has been seen with at earlier events. It’s also difficult to tell if she’s pregnant, as has been widely rumored.
That’s good news that Nicole and Keith are donig well, and we hope a wedding for the two will happen soon.
Written by Celebitchy
- The Blemish interviews Carmen Electra [The Blemish]
- Rumer Willis joins Pretty Little Liars [Lainey Gossip]
- Morgan Freeman falls asleep during interview [D-Listed]
- Fug or fab: Isla Fisher [Go Fug Yourself]
- Tamra Barney confirms spinoff [Reality Tea]
- Movie franchises that rebounded [Pajiba]
- Why Dylan McKay is the perfect boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Saoirse Ronan could have been a Lohan [Evil Beet]
- GIFs from Cannes [Popsugar]
- Cat massages a dog [CDAN]
- Heather Graham is so pretty [Celebslam]
- What is Lucy Hale wearing? [Moe Jackson]