Claire Danes will make her Broadway debut in George Bernard Shaw’s “Pygmalion” beginning September 21st. She will star as Eliza Doolittle, the character with the world’s most offensive accent. Danes is currently starring in the movie “Evening” which is getting lackluster reviews.
“Well-known as the inspiration for the Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe musical My Fair Lady, the Shaw drama based on the classical myth finds “Professor Henry Higgins [who] comes across a poor and uneducated Cockney girl named Eliza Doolittle… [and] makes a bet that he can take Eliza from the gutters of London and pass her off as a society lady, by simply teaching her the right dialect in which to speak,” as show notes explain.”
I can’t wait to hear her do that accent. It’s like nails on glass. If you remember, Claire Danes is the woman who broke up Billy Crudup and Mary-Louise Parker’s seven-year long relationship. Crudup left Parker, seven months pregnant at the time, for Danes. They spent a while denying they were together, but eventually it became obvious. Both parties were said to be pretty unapologetic about the whole thing.
It really is hard to wish someone well after hearing a story like that. Has Claire Danes really done anything of note since “My So Called Life?” She’s done some chic-flicks that were less than memorable, and has participated in a bit of theater. I think she’s still best known for that show, and for being an almost-homewrecker.
Written by JayBird
- Who butchered the National Anthem? [D-Listed]
- Rob Lowe never ages [Lainey Gossip]
- What is Vanessa Hudgens wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- Summer guide to reality TV [Reality Tea]
- Game of Thrones recap [Pajiba]
- Tan Mom’s music video [Buzzfeed]
- Amanda Knox is broke [Starcasm]
- Backstage at the Billboard Awards [Popsugar]
- Miley is still stuck in the 90s [Popoholic]
- Blind Items revealed: Adam Levine [CDAN]
- Hugh Hefner bought Crystal Harris a house [Celebslam]
- What happened to Aimee Teegarden? [The Blemish]