New American Idol judge Kara Dioguardi had a bizarre duet with former AI contestant “bikini girl” Katrina Darrell on last night’s finale. Ryan Seacrest presented Katrina with a “Golden Idol” for “Best Attitude” which seemed like a pretty good excuse to get her to parade on stage in a bikini again. Ryan then quipped “I was going to ask you what’s new, but I think I know,” in an obvious reference to her new boobs. He had her Darrell sing again, and she offered a weak version of Mariah Carey’s “Vision of Love,” the song she auditioned with.
When she was a few lines in, Kara came out behind her to chime in with a mock competition. At the end Kara stripped off her dress to show that not only could she sing better than Katrina, she also had a more banging non-surgically enhanced body. Kara seemed a little shy about being on stage in a bikini it and covered up quickly afterwards. Ryan announced that they put her up to it and were going to donate money to charity now that she held up her end of the bargain.
Kara seemed really petty to me when she took offense at bikini girl’s audition, but she kind of redeemed herself with this duet. In a way she was mocking herself while showcasing her talent and great body. Will she be on the show next season though, or do the producers realize that Idol flows better when she’s not butting heads with Simon?
Thanks to OK! Magazine for these screenshots from the show last night.
Written by Celebitchy
- Brad Pitt & Jimmy Fallon yodel [Pajiba]
- Jennifer Love Hewitt got her baby daddy a job [Lainey]
- D-Listed's comments are back! [D-Listed]
- What is Eva Longoria wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- Real Housewives of OC recap [Reality Tea]
- A candidate for next Taylor Swift boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Vintage gossip: Ava Gardner [Evil Beet]
- Popular celebrity baby names [Popsugar]
- Emma Roberts looking scrawny [Popoholic]
- Bear gets right next to guy in tree! [CDAN]
- Melissa Joan Hart and Ryan Reynolds? [Celebslam]
- Mariah Carey poses in monokini [Starcasm]