Kirstie Alley is said to be planning to enlist some friends to join her in her quest to lose weight, including fellow Scientologist John Travolta and talkshow queen Oprah Winfrey. This story originates in Star Magazine, so it’s just as likely to be made up. It has an element of truth to it, though, and it’s a good idea to ask friends to provide support when you’re trying to lose weight:
After gaining back all the pounds she shed when she acted as the face of Jenny Craig, The Fat Actress star, 58, has decided to find her own formula for success, and she wants Oprah Winfrey, John Travolta and Janet Jackson to join her…
Now she believes that if she enlists dedicated partners like her good friend Oprah, “they could all get skinny and stay that way by motivating each other,” says the pal.
[From Star Magazine, print edition, June 22, 2009]
I follow Kirstie on Twitter, and she really loves to engage with her fans and tweets frequently. She’s kind of wacky but fun if you can tolerate her, and set up a contest yesterday through which she offered the winner $200 for the best answer to the question “What would you do to a paparazzi if you caught them filming your children coming out of school?” (I retyped this because Kirstie had it all in in caps of course.) She gave the money to a user who answered “Make him have sex with Perez Hilton.”
Kirstie has been tweeting about her “hot” trainer and his hard workouts and she also lets people know that she’s lining up business meetings. She also says that she always tries to have “three sources of income.” I wonder what she has in the works.
If this story about getting her friends to join her to lose weight is true, and that’s a big if, I wonder if she’s trying to lend more celebrity power to whatever diet and exercise program she’s trying to develop. If she can claim that it helped the allmighty Oprah along with John Travolta and/or Janet Jackson, she’ll get much more press for whatever she’s planning. If Kirstie is successful, I bet we’ll see a book out from her in the next 6-9 months.
Written by Celebitchy
- The Blemish interviews Carmen Electra [The Blemish]
- Rumer Willis joins Pretty Little Liars [Lainey Gossip]
- Morgan Freeman falls asleep during interview [D-Listed]
- Fug or fab: Isla Fisher [Go Fug Yourself]
- Tamra Barney confirms spinoff [Reality Tea]
- Movie franchises that rebounded [Pajiba]
- Why Dylan McKay is the perfect boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Saoirse Ronan could have been a Lohan [Evil Beet]
- GIFs from Cannes [Popsugar]
- Cat massages a dog [CDAN]
- Heather Graham is so pretty [Celebslam]
- What is Lucy Hale wearing? [Moe Jackson]