Mel Gibson stars in The Edge of Darkness, a revenge thriller about a Boston cop trying to find those responsible for his daughter’s death. It’s Gibson’s first major film since 2002′s Signs and is out in January of next year. The trailer has just come out, and it looks decent.
Entertainment Weekly points out that Gibson’s Boston accent is pretty bad, but apart from that the film has potential. It seems to have a similar feel to his 1996 film Ransom, and reminds me that Gibson can play the hell out of an angry, ass-kicking character.
I think I could watch this and not be distracted by what I know about Gibson’s personal life, but I’m sure there are plenty of you who don’t feel the same. Speaking of Gibson’s personal life, he was just spotted out in New York with his pregnant girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva. Is it just me or does Oksana look incredibly pleased to be photographed out with Gibson?
We’ll have more chances to get used to Gibson as a leading man. He’s currently filming the comedy The Beaver with Jodi Foster, and has two more films in development, according to IMDB.
Thanks to Pacific Coast News for these photos.
Written by Celebitchy
- Zach Galifianakis is awesome [Buzzfeed]
- Prince at the Billboard Music Awards [D-Listed]
- Bieber’s Billboard look [Go Fug Yourself]
- Married to Medicine recap [Reality Tea]
- Celebrity first marriages [Pajiba]
- The last Mad Men baffled a lot of people [Lainey]
- Karolina Kurkova’s crazy hot dress [Moe Jackson]
- Jennifer Garner on set [Popsugar]
- Kitten vs. Lizard [CDAN]
- Doetzen Kroes’ great butt [Celebslam]
- Shameless star Jeremy Allen White [OMG Blog]
- RIP Ray Manzarek [Bossip]