Nick Nolte escapes from his burning Malibu home

According to various sources Nick Nolte’s house suffered serious damage early this morning as it was engulfed in flames. Some media outlets are reporting there was extensive damage while others are reporting it was burned to the ground. Nolte was at home at the time and managed to escape, but he suffered smoke inhalation. Fire fighters found him on the scene trying to put out the blaze on his own.

Hollywood actor Nick Nolte suffered smoke inhalation and abrasions during a fire at his Malibu, Calif., home Tuesday morning, TMZ reported.

The blaze is believed to have started in a bedroom due to an electrical problem, the entertainment news Web site said.

Firefighters reportedly arrived to find the house on fire and the 67-year-old actor trying to extinguish it himself.

TMZ said the blaze caused an estimated $500,000 in damage to the contents of the house and about $1 million damage to the structure.

[From UPI]

The Associated Press says that the home was burned to the ground and is a total loss. Not that I don’t trust the accuracy of TMZ’s reports one hundred percent, but I’m a little more inclined to go with the AP on this one.

Nick Nolte has escaped a fire that burned a Malibu home to the ground.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department says the actor slightly cut his hand when he broke a window and fled the home shortly after 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.

The Sheriff’s Department says an electrical malfunction caused the fire, which caused an estimated $3.5 million in damage and left the home a total loss.

[From the AP]

Celebrities often feel so apart and separate from us that we forget that they’re regular people who can lose their homes and get in car accidents like the rest of us. It’s probably safe to assume that Nolte had insurance on the home so it likely won’t be a huge financial setback but will probably be a big emotional one. He’s lucky he escaped and seems to be relatively unhurt.

Here’s Nick with Clytie Lane at the “Tropic Thunder” Los Angeles premiere on August 11th. Images thanks to PR Photos.

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

4 Responses to “Nick Nolte escapes from his burning Malibu home”

Comments are Closed

We close comments on older posts to fight comment spam.

  1. Baholicious says:

    Oh, this is terrible news. Nick has had a real battle with alcohol and I’m just hoping it wasn’t something drinking related…glad he’s okay – I really liked him in the remake of Cape Fear.

  2. Baholicious says:

    p.s. Prince of Tides too – the book was amazing but Streisand…eh, not so much.

  3. Jinxy says:

    3.5 million dollars in damages? How the hell does that happen unless a home is fully involved? Lucky nobody was hurt, but that’s quite a fire.

  4. Jeanne says:

    How did Nolte end up looking like Kenny Rogers?