Ted Nugent has quite the internet following. He’s no Chuck Norris, but he’s close. He sorta faux-ran for president, mostly to get attention for his over-the-top ultra-conserviative views (sample quote: [I’d] refuse to pay one red cent more to the UN until other nations pony up their fair share — but maintain membership just to keep our eyes on the bastards”).
Now he’s got a new reality show, in which he’ll be hunting. The Nuge is a big fan of hunting. What’s this show’s unique spin? Well, he’ll be hunting humans. How very “Most Dangerous Game” of The Nuge.
Rocker-turned-outdoorsman Ted Nugent has landed a new reality TV contest, where he’ll hunt down three wannabe survivalists.
Runnin’ Wild… From Ted Nugent will debut on cable network CMT in August. Each week, Nugent, a leading hunter and conservationist, and his 18-year-old son, Rocco, will teach three competitors survival rules.
The competitors then try to survive on their own while Nugent and Rocco attempt to hunt them down.
Though the article doesn’t do us the favor of clarifying how this hunting is going to go down (that would have been sorta nice to know), I’m going to assume/hope it’s something other than the traditional definition of hunting. You know, where you stalk, shoot, kill, skin, and eat the prey.
Not that I’d totally put it past The Nuge – the guy’s got some crazy, hardcore ideas (another sample quote, this time on peace: “Each morning I bow down on bended knee in reverence to the Almighty and pray for good bombing weather. The history of mankind is one of war, not peace…’Give peace a chance’ will get you killed. John Lennon was wrong. Imagine that”).
So… I’m not 100% ruling out death here. Maybe 99%, and that’s only for legal reasons. I have the feeling that, given the chance, The Nuge would go all-out.
In case you think I’m joking, a little refresher course on Ted’s last reality show, “Surviving Nugent.”
- See Ted hunt contestants from a helicopter with a big-game-net-gun.
- Watch contestants play a game of IPECAC ROULETTE. You spew, you go home.
- Feel the intensity as contestants play chicken with a speeding pick-up truck. Get too greedy, get dead.
- Live the crunch as contestants take their aggression out in a Texas-style demolition derby.
- Watch as contestants become versed in the fine art of taxidermy. There is an art to removing eyeballs from a deer in the appropriate fashion.
- Feel the sting of the scorpions as our contestants are buried alive in the Nugent Swamp.
- Experience the rush as the last two contestants ESCAPE FROM NUGENT in a ranch-wide obstacle course that requires a final arrow be fired into the heart of Ted Nugent.
Not surprisingly, “Surviving Nugent” was only on the air for one season. It might have been due to ratings, but it’s just as likely that VH1 flat-out couldn’t get anyone willing to compete on the show. And that’s saying something – there’s always a bunch of losers lining up for any reality television series. The Nuge’s new show sounds similar enough. And there’s always that little voice in your brain that says, “This guy really is psychotic; he absolutely could shoot that other guy in the heart.” That’ll keep you tuned in.