Does Prince William plan to bring his kids to the US for the World Cup?

As Aston Villa fought their way through to winning their first title in 30 years, Prince William was almost always watching. He often went in person to watch his favorite team, and on Wednesday, he flew all the way to Istanbul just to cheer on his team in the whatever final. At all of those football matches, William has not brought any of his kids. George hasn’t gone to a football match since last year. I have no idea if George really gives a crap about football or if he’s just trying to please his father, who clearly *only* cares about football. Well, you know how William is likely to visit the US around the World Cup in June/July? One royal biographer claims that all of the Wales kids might come with William, on what would be their first visit to the US.

There have been growing rumors in the U.K. that Prince William is preparing for a trip to the U.S. tied to both the FIFA World Cup and America’s 250th anniversary celebrations — but now the Prince of Wales may be planning a calculated charm offensive on the world stage.

Christopher Andersen, author of “Kate!,” told Fox News Digital that William may be considering a family trip involving the royal children, with a Middleton family friend telling him they are “over the moon with excitement,” especially with Prince George being “a passionate soccer fan.”

“This would mark the first known visit to the U.S. by two future kings traveling together,” Andersen said. “This would also mark the first time the Wales children have ever set foot on American soil.”

“Prince William is president of England’s Football Association,” Andersen pointed out. “As such, he is expected to cheer on England’s team in the World Cup. Charles and Camilla’s state visit was also an unqualified triumph. Along with Kate Middleton’s equally successful trip to Italy, palace officials were prompted to green-light one more high-profile visit, this time by the brightest stars in the royal firmament.”

In response to Andersen’s comments, a Kensington Palace spokesperson told Fox News Digital, “There are currently no public plans for a trip to the U.S. Hoping for a great performance from England, though!”

[From Fox News]

I keep saying this, but I’m very curious to see if any part of this US visit goes through. I still think it’s unlikely that Princess Kate joins William in the ass-crack heat of the American summer. And if Kate refuses to go, then would William really bring the kids? For the World Cup?? I doubt it. What I could see happening is this: William and George come over, and no one else from the family. They do a quick photo-op with Don and then it’s off to the World Cup.

Photos courtesy of Avalon Red, Cover Images, Backgrid.

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

Commenting Guidelines

Read the article before commenting.

We aim to be a friendly, welcoming site where people can discuss entertainment stories and current events in a lighthearted, safe environment without fear of harassment, excessive negativity, or bullying. Different opinions, backgrounds, ages, and nationalities are welcome here - hatred and bigotry are not. If you make racist or bigoted remarks, comment under multiple names, or wish death on anyone you will be banned. There are no second chances if you violate one of these basic rules.

By commenting you agree to our comment policy and our privacy policy

Do not engage with trolls, contrarians or rude people. Comment "troll" and we will see it.

Please e-mail the moderators at cbcomments at gmail.com to delete a comment if it's offensive or spam. If your comment disappears, it may have been eaten by the spam filter. Please email us to get it retrieved.

You can sign up to get an image next to your name at Gravatar.com Thank you!

Leave a comment after you have read the article

Save my name and email in this browser for the next time I comment