My first instinct when I saw this Star Magazine cover was “that’s cruel and bullsh-t”. But it looks like Star Mag got another scoop. Star’s online excerpt of the cover story is brief too – basically, it amounts to an “insider” telling the tabloid: “Kelly is about three months pregnant. Both she and John are absolutely over the moon — they knew in their hearts that the time was right for this to happen.” But after releasing the information last night, Travolta and Preston confirmed the news to People:
John Travolta and Kelly Preston, who have lived through the tragedy of losing a son, can now announce the best news they’ve had in years.
Preston, 47, is pregnant, the family tells PEOPLE.
“It’s impossible to keep a secret … especially one as wonderful as this,” they say in a statement. “We want to be the first to share this great news with everyone that we are expecting a new addition to our family. Love, John, Kelly and Ella”
Travolta, 56, and Preston are also parents to Ella Bleu, 10. Their 16-year-old son Jett, died of a seizure in January 2009.
Congratulations to the happy family! I wonder if they’ve been trying to conceive for a while. I also have to admit – and I’m seriously not judging or being snaky – just how many fertility treatments Kelly had to have. She’s 47 years old! Still, best wished to them, and they’re in my (and a lot of people’s) thoughts and prayers.
Star cover courtesy of PopEater.
Written by Kaiser
- Mariah Carey lip synced on American Idol [CDAN]
- Colin Firth is looking good [Lainey Gossip]
- Internet celebrity charged with murder! [D-Listed]
- What is Paz Vega wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- New bachelors on The Bachelorette [Reality Tea]
- Goodbye to The Office [Pajiba]
- Bachelor Sean’s fiance cheats on him [Evil Beet]
- Britney Spears out with her man [Popsugar]
- Nina Dobrev works it [Popoholic]
- Cindy Crawford needs to lay off the ‘tox [Celebslam]
- Who said it: Carrie Bradshaw or The Dalai Lama? [Buzzfeed]