Matthew McConaughey and his girlfriend, Camila Alves, were seen out at a Houston Dodgers/Los Angeles Astros baseball game in LA on Mother’s Day. Camila was holding a pink baseball bat from the gift shop, which might indicate that she’s expecting a girl. Camila is due in July.
OK! Magazine reports that Matt plans to be a stay at home dad and has cleared his work schedule to be there for the baby:
“Matt joked if he wasn’t careful he’s wake up bald and old and having missed out on years of his kid’s life that he couldn’t get back,” a friend of the actor tells OK!.
Matthew, 38, hopes to be Mr. Mom after model-fiancee Camila Alves, 24, gives birth this summer. “He’s intent on being there for his kid the way his parents were for him,” says the friend.
“Camila’s enjoying the idea of having him around. The two are busy picking out baby names!”
[From OK! Magazine, print edition, May 19, 2008 via The Bosh]
Star Magazine reported in its recent issue that McConaughey would do pushups and workout between scenes on the set of his film Ghosts of Girlfriends Past in Boston this April. They quote a witness who says “He’d jump down and do a set of push-ups. He was dressed really nice, but he didn’t seem to care!”
McConaughey is also rumored to be in consideration for the lead of Captain America in an upcoming film version of the popular comic.
There’s not a lot of gossip about Matt because he’s been laying low and staying in with his girlfriend as they prepare for their new baby. Congratulations to them. McConaughey certainly seems excited about their upcoming arrival, and he’s sure to be a devoted father.
Thanks to Splash News for these photos.
Written by Celebitchy
- Mariah Carey lip synced on American Idol [CDAN]
- Colin Firth is looking good [Lainey Gossip]
- Internet celebrity charged with murder! [D-Listed]
- What is Paz Vega wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- New bachelors on The Bachelorette [Reality Tea]
- Goodbye to The Office [Pajiba]
- Bachelor Sean’s fiance cheats on him [Evil Beet]
- Britney Spears out with her man [Popsugar]
- Nina Dobrev works it [Popoholic]
- Cindy Crawford needs to lay off the ‘tox [Celebslam]
- Who said it: Carrie Bradshaw or The Dalai Lama? [Buzzfeed]