Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are about to release their latest production, their twins, into the world. Like every expectant mother they have things to plan – what hospital will my baby be born at? Breastfeed or bottle feed? Which magazine will buy the pictures for the most cash?
The bidding for the Brangelina twins pics has reached a whopping $15 million — and will probably go a lot higher.
Our magazine spies tell us only PEOPLE and OK! are left standing in the bidding war. One spy says the pics are so valuable they would “print blank pages” the rest of year to get them.
Can a weekly mag actually recoup all that cash? Probably not, but it doesn’t matter. The prestige is what counts.
No deal has been inked yet. Brad’s peeps didn’t return our calls. A PEOPLE rep says, “We’d love to see the photos in PEOPLE. We wish the family well” OK!’s rep refused to address a dollar figure, but admits they’d be “foolish” not to make a play for the photos.
We’re told the $$$$ Brad and Angie get will go to charity.
$15 million dollars is going to be wonderful for the charity it will go to, but that is a lot of money for pictures of two little babies. Particularly when babies just look like babies, they aren’t really very interesting. Jennifer Lopez was paid $4-6 million for her twins by People, the same magazine that bought Shiloh Jolie-Pitt’s picture for $4.1 million, which is the most expensive picture of a single child to date.
The bidding for the pictures got very heated following the innacurate reports that Angelina had given birth at the weekend. If the price is already around $15 million, by August these pictures could give several charities a financial boost.
I don’t believe those babies are due as late as August, but if they are, I’m feeling really sorry for Angelina Jolie. Sure, pregnancy might make you feel sexy, but she is just enormous for someone around the seven month mark, even taking into account that those are twins.
At the end of March the price of the pictures was put around $10 million, so maybe the price really has reached $15 million.
Written by Helen
- Friends reunion on Ellen [Popsugar]
- Lindsey Vonn watches Tigers kids [Lainey Gossip]
- George Michael fell out of a car going 70mph [D-Listed]
- Real Housewives of Orange County recap [Reality Tea]
- New Man of Steel trailer [Pajiba]
- Jared Padalecki’s hot bod [Buzzfeed]
- Doctors confirm Taylor Swift’s new boobs [Evil Beet]
- Catherine Zeta-Jones finished treatment [CDAN]
- Anna Paquin hates the paps [Celebslam]
- Lance Armstrong is gross [The Blemish]
- What is Barbara Palvin wearing? [Moe Jackson]
- This is Petra Nemcova? [SVC]