Child actress Dakota Fanning, who recently emerged from a rather gangly stage to reveal a braces-free, poised young teen, may not be the “America’s sweetheart” everyone saw recently on Oprah. In a new interview, Australian film director Rowan Woods, who directed Fanning recently in “Winged Creatures,” didn’t have many kind words for the youngster.
Woods said his high profile cast was a pleasure to work with except for teenage starlet Dakota Fanning, who could be a diva on the set.
She initially refused to come out of her trailer on day one of shooting because her scene wasn’t filmed first, and was “intensely jealous” of her young co-star Josh Hutcherson.
“Everyone was on their best behaviour on this film because they have got a `really serious Australian director who is known for his ensemble work’,” Woods laughed.
“(Fanning) was the only one who was naughty.”
Woods said while he thinks Fanning is a fine actor, on this film she didn’t hit the mark.
“She is a gorgeous girl … but she was the disaster,” he said.
“There was something about her presence that wasn’t ringing true.
“Most of our work was cutting her scenes and a lot of her scenes were cut.”
So, Dakota is like most of the other child stars (and adult actors) in Hollywood: demanding and self centered. No big surprise there. What does surprise me is this director’s candidness about it. Can you imagine if directors like Ron Howard and Steven Spielberg came out at a press conference before a big opening and just started dissing the actors? Maybe the rules of disclosure are different in Australia. Something tells me that this Rowan Woods guy probably won’t be getting a lot of directing jobs in Hollywood.
Top photo: Dakota Fanning arriving at LAX in February 2008. Bottom photos: Dakota at “The Secret Life of Bees” premiere, October 2008. Photo credit: Bauergriffin.com and WENN
Written by MSat
Posted in Dakota Fanning
- Brad Pitt & Jimmy Fallon yodel [Pajiba]
- Jennifer Love Hewitt got her baby daddy a job [Lainey]
- D-Listed's comments are back! [D-Listed]
- What is Eva Longoria wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- Real Housewives of OC recap [Reality Tea]
- A candidate for next Taylor Swift boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Vintage gossip: Ava Gardner [Evil Beet]
- Popular celebrity baby names [Popsugar]
- Emma Roberts looking scrawny [Popoholic]
- Bear gets right next to guy in tree! [CDAN]
- Melissa Joan Hart and Ryan Reynolds? [Celebslam]
- Mariah Carey poses in monokini [Starcasm]