Below is the first video/commercial for Angelina Jolie’s Louis Vuitton ad campaign. It’s not really about buying luxury leather goods, though. It seems more like a travel ad for Cambodia. Which is to say… after watching this, I felt like “Damn, I should travel more” rather than “Damn, I should buy a Louis Vuitton handbag.” As we talked about when we saw the first print ad from the campaign, LV and Angelina are working on something called the “Core Values” campaign, which is basically like “Louis Vuitton applauds people who aren’t JUST pretty, but have something to offer the world.” People like Bono and Mikhail Gorbachev also do “Core Values” ads.
It’s nice. Angelina looks very pretty, and the shots are about her lovely face rather than her odd feet. The script is “In 2000, Angelina Jolie made her first trip to Cambodia… It was a journey that would change her life forever.” Because it was in Cambodia that Angelina decided to become a UNHCR goodwill ambassador, and adopt her son Maddox, and buy a huge tract of land and turn it into a nature preserve, and build a hospital, etc.
Screencaps from the video, plus Jolie’s LV print ad.
Written by Kaiser
- True Blood premiere party photos [Buzzfeed]
- Who went to Courtney Cox’s birthday dinner? [Lainey]
- Guy freaks out at Wendy’s [D-Listed]
- Fug or Fab: Amy Adams [Go Fug Yourself]
- Real Housewives of New Jersey recap [Reality Tea]
- Community’s Dan Harmon apologizes [Pajiba]
- Ozzy and Sharon are back together [Evil Beet]
- Matt Latner wedding photos [Popsugar]
- Kanye West’s mistress changes her story [CDAN]
- Kate Moss is drunk [Celebslam]
- Maniac film review [Moe Jackson]
- Texas mom runs over carjacker [Starcasm]