You know how Paz de la Huerta is a plate full of Crazy? One of my new favorite things is an interview from Paz. I really don’t think Paz’s “people” (does she have people?) let her speak that much. They usually just let her take off her clothes for photo shoots, and I feel like she’s being actively encouraged to stay away from journalists, lest she unleash more insane quotes. Remember the NYT interview where Paz talked about how Elvis’s ghost gave her an O? And then she claimed that her sister was always jealous of her, even when she was in the womb, so her sister punched their mother’s stomach? Plate full of crazy.
So Paz has a new interview with the NY Observer, and there are some real gems here. Paz discusses her on-going legal problems (for drunkenly smashing a glass into a reality star’s face), Amy Winehouse and how she (Paz) is a director now.
Paz de la Huerta has kept herself busy between court dates for the altercation she had with reality star Samantha Swetra last Spring. The “Boardwalk Empire” actress is directing a film which she calls her version of The Red Shoes, The New York Observer is reporting.
“I’m finishing directing a film of mine,” she told the daily. It’s “about a woman who‘s unique, and lives in a small village, and is ostracized for being different, for being talented, and then she makes a horrible mistake and because the people in the village are so—you know—jealous of her, they don’t forgive her.”
De la Huerta, who will be acting out the role of the woman, added how this film is a “very important story to tell, especially in an age when the media has to take responsibility for their actions.”
“Look what just happened to Amy Winehouse! Maybe had she not seen so many bad pictures of herself she would have gotten more self esteem,” Ms. Huerta offered, “and not been so self-destructive.”
As to her legal affairs, de la Huerta is trying to stay positive, reinforcing her attorney’s abilities. “I’m not nervous, I have an amazing lawyer,” de la Huerta told The New York Observer. “I learned a lesson from that and it’s important to stay away from publicity-seeking people. You know?” She said, referring to Swetra.
“I just hope for the best outcome,” de la Huerta added. “I want to move on with my life.”
[From Fox News]
Shall I take it point by point?
1. Her film is about “a woman who‘s unique, and lives in a small village, and is ostracized for being different, for being talented… the people in the village are… jealous of her, they don’t forgive her.” Paz IS that girl! It’s a documentary about her life! She’s so brilliant and talented and no one understands her and all of us are just jealous! This is honestly what goes on in her head.
2. Re: her Amy Winehouse comment – “Look what just happened to Amy Winehouse! Maybe had she not seen so many bad pictures of herself she would have gotten more self esteem… and not been so self-destructive.” Paz is blaming Amy for not only being the subject of bad photos, but for looking at all of the bad photos of herself. I think Paz was trying to blame the media for printing bad photos of celebrities, but… it’s just such a superficial complaint. Amy self-destructed because she saw bad photos of herself, in Paz’s mind.
3. “I learned a lesson from that and it’s important to stay away from publicity-seeking people. You know?” Translation: I’ve learned nothing. I will continue to get wasted and start fights with whoever I want. Watch out.
Photos courtesy of Fame & WENN.
Written by Kaiser
- Zach Galifianakis is awesome [Buzzfeed]
- Prince at the Billboard Music Awards [D-Listed]
- Bieber’s Billboard look [Go Fug Yourself]
- Married to Medicine recap [Reality Tea]
- Celebrity first marriages [Pajiba]
- The last Mad Men baffled a lot of people [Lainey]
- Karolina Kurkova’s crazy hot dress [Moe Jackson]
- Jennifer Garner on set [Popsugar]
- Kitten vs. Lizard [CDAN]
- Doetzen Kroes’ great butt [Celebslam]
- Shameless star Jeremy Allen White [OMG Blog]
- RIP Ray Manzarek [Bossip]