Do you remember seeing Sarah Michelle Gellar at the Golden Globes? These are some photos of her solo red carpet appearance, in case you forgot. I didn’t care for her Monique Lhuillier dress, but Sarah Michelle told a cute story about how her daughter styled her for the evening, so you can’t hate on it too much. Anyway, I bring this up because A) SMG didn’t do the globes with her husband, Freddie Prinze Jr. and B) She actually said a few bitchy-funny things about Freddie while she was being interviewed on E!. Here’s a video:
“But, my husband has an opinion, that doesn’t mean I listen to it.” And the crack about Freddie being Mr. Golden Globe “back when it was still in black and white.” Was she just being droll and bitchy-funny, or was she signaling to the world that she and Freddie – who have been together for 12 YEARS – are having problems?
Could Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr. be the next in a long line of celebrity couples heading for divorce?
Although their rep denies the story, the duo, who have managed to remain largely out of the spotlight throughout their relationship, raised eyebrows recently when Sarah, 34, walked the Golden Globes red carpet solo – and without her enormous diamond engagement ring.
When asked, SMG told reporters that 35-year-old husband of almost 10 years was “watching football.”
[From In Touch Weekly, print edition]
Considering I couldn’t find any other major tabloid or legit media outlet that was even speculating about this, and considering that Sarah Michelle’s rep seemed to shut it down before it ever went to print, it’s probably nothing. Maybe she didn’t feel like wearing her ring to the Globes. Maybe her sense of humor is just dry and sarcastic. Maybe she and Freddie are just fine. Or maybe there’s something there? More anecdotal evidence: Sarah Michelle and Freddie haven’t been photographed together – candidly or on a red carpet – in YEARS.
Photos courtesy of WENN.
Written by Kaiser
- Brad Pitt & Jimmy Fallon yodel [Pajiba]
- Jennifer Love Hewitt got her baby daddy a job [Lainey]
- D-Listed's comments are back! [D-Listed]
- What is Eva Longoria wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- Real Housewives of OC recap [Reality Tea]
- A candidate for next Taylor Swift boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Vintage gossip: Ava Gardner [Evil Beet]
- Popular celebrity baby names [Popsugar]
- Emma Roberts looking scrawny [Popoholic]
- Bear gets right next to guy in tree! [CDAN]
- Melissa Joan Hart's past with Ryan Reynolds [Celebslam]
- Mariah Carey poses in monokini [Starcasm]