Blake and Amy on 10/9/07. Credit: Fame
Amy Winehouse’s junkie ex-husband has declared his love for her from behind rehab walls. Sort of, if you think love is a slurred muttering to awaiting paparazzi on your way to pick up some cigarettes.
“I’m pleased to be out. Now all I want to do is see Amy. I’m going to see my wife and take her knickers down,” he said.
“It’s tough inside, bloody horrible, but I’m out and that’s all that matters. It’s brilliant.
“I’ve just bought some rolling tobacco and I’m going to have my first cigarette as a free man shortly. I’m going to get my life sorted, I’m going to get my life back.”
Some sources are spinning Blake’s release and statement as being a declaration of love, but he’s been without the love of a good woman for 27 months now, and the last thing he’d want to do is have sex with anything that might upset his divorce settlement. Call me cynical, but any public reference to your wife and her knickers just isn’t romantic to me.
Amy doesn’t need to fight Blake alone, her mother is fuming with the junkie for not telling his wife he’s left prison, saying “What sort of husband doesn’t tell his wife that he’s being released? That says it all really, doesn’t it?” She added that she thought that this was the beginning of the end for their marriage.
“He’d say things like, ‘If you love me you’d do this or that.’ He’d give her grief about things. Love is blind. I just hope she’s beginning to see what he’s really like now.
“Who knows what will happen between them? But I think the fact she hasn’t run straight to him now he’s out is positive.
“The main thing is that Amy gets healthy before she even thinks about going back to Blake. I know she can beat it, she’s getting better each day.”
Amy’s father Mitch has said that Blake is a ‘no-hoper’, and the best thing for them would be to separate. Perhaps another alternative would be to get Amy to join Blake in rehab – having to spend time together sober might be the quickest end to the marriage.
Written by Helen
- The Blemish interviews Carmen Electra [The Blemish]
- Rumer Willis joins Pretty Little Liars [Lainey Gossip]
- Morgan Freeman falls asleep during interview [D-Listed]
- Fug or fab: Isla Fisher [Go Fug Yourself]
- Tamra Barney confirms spinoff [Reality Tea]
- Movie franchises that rebounded [Pajiba]
- Why Dylan McKay is the perfect boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Saoirse Ronan could have been a Lohan [Evil Beet]
- GIFs from Cannes [Popsugar]
- Cat massages a dog [CDAN]
- Heather Graham is so pretty [Celebslam]
- What is Lucy Hale wearing? [Moe Jackson]