I’ve been surprised by how much press Ricky Martin has done for his Broadway gig as Che Guevara in the revival of Evita. I covered one of his lengthy interviews (with Details) here, and he’s also appeared on the cover of The Advocate, and now Vanity Fair Spain. Ricky gave VF the big photo exclusive, showing off his toddler twins (Valentino and Matteo) and his partner, Carlos Gonzalez. If you can read and speak Spanish, you can read VF’s excerpts here. Here are some translated highlights:
Ricky on his egg donor: “I did not rent a womb. That expression is used by fundamentalists. They loaned me an abdomen … I would give my life for the woman who helped me bring my sons into this world.”
On past relationships with women: “I’ve slept with women and I’ve fallen in love with them and I’ve felt wonderful things. There was love, passion. I don’t regret anything, any of the relationships I’ve lived, they taught me a lot, both men and women equally.”
On a change with Spain’s same-sex marriage law: “If they touch [the law], now as a Spanish citizen, I would stand up and unite with my community.”
[From Vanity Fair, translation by Just Jared]
Once again, Ricky is discussing how he had sexual and romantic relationships with women as well as men… and I still find it interesting. From what I’ve read, Ricky does self-identify himself as gay at this point, but I think he’s probably more bisexual, right? He falls in love with the soul of a person, regardless of vagina/dong status.
As for the babies… God, they’re so cute!
Photos courtesy of Vanity Fair.
Written by Kaiser
- True Blood premiere party photos [Buzzfeed]
- Who went to Courtney Cox’s birthday dinner? [Lainey]
- Guy freaks out at Wendy’s [D-Listed]
- Fug or Fab: Amy Adams [Go Fug Yourself]
- Real Housewives of New Jersey recap [Reality Tea]
- Community’s Dan Harmon apologizes [Pajiba]
- Ozzy and Sharon are back together [Evil Beet]
- Matt Latner wedding photos [Popsugar]
- Kanye West’s mistress changes her story [CDAN]
- Kate Moss is drunk [Celebslam]
- Maniac film review [Moe Jackson]
- Texas mom runs over carjacker [Starcasm]