A few days ago, we asked the immortal question, “Who is crackie enough to play Richard Burton to Lindsay Lohan’s Liz Taylor?” I swear that question is riddle wrapped in an enigma, and then sprinkled with crack and smoked in between shots of vodka. I made some educated guesses about who would be cracked-out and budget enough to participate in a Lifetime movie with The Cracken. People like Charlie Sheen and Wilmer Valderrama, both, in my opinion, solid options. But Lindsay has some ideas about casting too. And she might have her eye on the dude who bones ladies in filthy Porta-potties, Gerard Butler.
For her part, Lindsay Lohan feels “lucky to be able to do this role” and wants “to honor [Elizabeth] the way that she should be honored because she helped a lot of people in her life.”
As for Lindsay’s onscreen love interest? She told Access she has someone in mind to play Richard Burton, but she doesn’t want to jinx it.
When one reporter suggested Gerard Butler for the role, Lindsay mused, “I don’t know if he would do that, but he actually does remind me of [Richard] a lot.”
[From E! News]
Let’s just take this suggestion at face value and analyze it. Gerard Butler is a dirty, mangy Scotsman incapable of doing any kind of accent but his own. Richard Burton had that beautiful, rich natural Welsh accent, and he could also do American accents and standard English accents. Gerard Butler had some moments in his career when I hoped he would turn into a real actor… alas, I think that’s over. Richard was one of the best actors of his generation, a poet, a writer, a lover, a brawler, and a hopeless alcoholic. Perhaps that’s what Lindsay was referencing? Gerard’s addiction issues?
Whatever. I’m not even going to bother getting mad about this. Gerard Butler might be The Porta-Potty Boner, but he wouldn’t sign on to do a Lifetime movie, regardless of the unlimited supply of sexual favors I’m sure Lindsay has offered him.
Photos courtesy of WENN.
Written by Kaiser
- Brad Pitt & Jimmy Fallon yodel [Pajiba]
- Jennifer Love Hewitt got her baby daddy a job [Lainey]
- D-Listed's comments are back! [D-Listed]
- What is Eva Longoria wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- Real Housewives of OC recap [Reality Tea]
- A candidate for next Taylor Swift boyfriend [Buzzfeed]
- Vintage gossip: Ava Gardner [Evil Beet]
- Popular celebrity baby names [Popsugar]
- Emma Roberts looking scrawny [Popoholic]
- Bear gets right next to guy in tree! [CDAN]
- Melissa Joan Hart and Ryan Reynolds? [Celebslam]
- Mariah Carey poses in monokini [Starcasm]