Last week, Kaiser hit it on the nose with a theory that Scarlett Johansson has (intentionally or not) been systematically killing off her sexiness in regards to her post-Ryan Reynolds (as well as concurrent and post-Sean Penn) red carpet looks. Then Scarlett changed course by bringing it in Preen for her Walk of Fame ceremony. Now I’m fully seeing a glimpse of the old Scarlett; that is, the sexy bombshell who wore red at the 2006 Golden Globes. Remember how even Ryan Seacrest couldn’t resist groping her at that event? That was so gross.
Last night, Scarlett wore a fantastic Dolce & Gabbana gown to the Met Gala and is doing the slightly messy (dare I say “bedhead”) locks once again. It’s my favorite hair look on her, and she wears it well. Now it’s fully expected that Scarlett would wear Dolce & Gabbana to the Met Gala since she’s still the face of their cosmetics line. Here the custom-made gown is almost princess-like (but still brings a lot of old-school glamour) with a champagne-colored, tulle skirt and a gold-embellished bodice that perfectly compliments her figure.
Like I’ve already said, Scarlett’s piece-y hair is perfectly mussed up for this dress as an updo would’ve been too severe for the overall look. Her makeup also looks beautiful as well with coral-colored lips and understated eyes.
Scarlett gives great back view in this dress too. Maybe she’s finally shaken off all of the Sean Penn. One can only hope.
Photos courtesy of WENN and Pacific Coast News
Written by Bedhead
- Zach Galifianakis is awesome [Buzzfeed]
- Prince at the Billboard Music Awards [D-Listed]
- Bieber’s Billboard look [Go Fug Yourself]
- Married to Medicine recap [Reality Tea]
- Celebrity first marriages [Pajiba]
- The last Mad Men baffled a lot of people [Lainey]
- Karolina Kurkova’s crazy hot dress [Moe Jackson]
- Jennifer Garner on set [Popsugar]
- Kitten vs. Lizard [CDAN]
- Doetzen Kroes’ great butt [Celebslam]
- Shameless star Jeremy Allen White [OMG Blog]
- RIP Ray Manzarek [Bossip]