I’ve been avoiding this for days, but it’s crazy slow today, so let’s get into it. Lady Gaga has a perfume. It’s called “Fame”. Because why not? If I was advising her, I would have suggested “Lady Gaga’s Monster” just because… who else is going to name their perfume “Monster”? It would have been funny/weird/interesting. Instead, we’ve got Lady Gaga’s Fame, which just sounds dumb, and like something Britney Spears would have come up with after a Slurpee-and-hawt-derg high. So this is the first print ad for Fame… Lady Gaga, Photoshopped to within an inch of her life, with tiny little dudes climbing her.
What is the message? “Buy this perfume and you will become a Photoshopped giantess and little men will want to climb you.” Or, “Lady Gaga’s Fame: Mounted.”
Also: when Gaga announced this perfume launch last year, she reportedly said that she wanted it to smell like “blood and semen”. That was never verified, though. Gaga now says that the perfume has notes of “tears of belladonna, crushed heart of tiger orchidea with a black veil of incense, pulverized apricot and the combinative essences of saffron and honey drops.” Which sounds like a very heavy scent, like YSL’s Opium. I cannot stand a heavy perfume like that – I prefer lighter scents. Like, I actually LIKE Sarah Jessica Parker’s Lovely. But whatever – there are a lot of women who like a heavy perfume, and God bless. Everybody’s different.
Ad courtesy of Gaga.
Written by Kaiser
- Mariah Carey lip synced on American Idol [CDAN]
- Colin Firth is looking good [Lainey Gossip]
- Internet celebrity charged with murder! [D-Listed]
- What is Paz Vega wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- New bachelors on The Bachelorette [Reality Tea]
- Goodbye to The Office [Pajiba]
- Bachelor Sean’s fiance cheats on him [Evil Beet]
- Britney Spears out with her man [Popsugar]
- Nina Dobrev works it [Popoholic]
- Cindy Crawford needs to lay off the ‘tox [Celebslam]
- Who said it: Carrie Bradshaw or The Dalai Lama? [Buzzfeed]