Note: Previously we included some photos from Architectural Digest’s slideshow, which they have asked us to take down. You can see AD’s slideshow here The photos are property of AD and Pollaro Custom Furniture. In one of the photos, Brad is sitting with furniture maker Frank Pollaro “in the wine cellar at the actor’s home in France.”
Anyway, you might ask yourself, “Why is Brad hanging out in his wine cellar with a furniture maker? Is he having some new, specially-designed pieces added to his sex dungeon? A coffee table perchance?” Well, sort of! Brad is collaborating with Frank Pollaro on a small line of furniture, from bed frames/headboards to dining tables to armchairs. I’m including some of the Architectural digest images of Brad’s designs at the bottom of the post, and you can see the AD slideshow here. It’s not my taste, but you have to understand, I don’t really think all of this “modern” stuff is very liveable or half as “utilitarian” as it looks. Brad sat down for an interview in the December issue of AD to preview the collection, which you can read here at Architectural Digest.
I could totally see a bunch of rich people clamoring for Brad’s pieces. I’m being serious – there are probably a lot of rich people who want to own some Brad Pitt Designs. I like simplicity of design too, but my style is more eclectic, and I think a little modern goes a long way, you know? If you go full-blown modern, pretty soon you’re just living in a white box with lots of glass and chrome. Which brings me to some photos of Brad’s designs… I think the woods chosen are ugly, and the “uninterrupted line” tables look like someone was playing with a paperclip and got an idea for a table. I kind of like the white leather armchair….? It’s impractical, and it says “I’m a bachelor with no animals”… but it looks comfortable.
Photos courtesy of WENN.
Written by Kaiser
Posted in Brad Pitt
- Mariah Carey lip synced on American Idol [CDAN]
- Colin Firth is looking good [Lainey Gossip]
- Internet celebrity charged with murder! [D-Listed]
- What is Paz Vega wearing? [Go Fug Yourself]
- New bachelors on The Bachelorette [Reality Tea]
- Goodbye to The Office [Pajiba]
- Bachelor Sean’s fiance cheats on him [Evil Beet]
- Britney Spears out with her man [Popsugar]
- Nina Dobrev works it [Popoholic]
- Cindy Crawford needs to lay off the ‘tox [Celebslam]
- Who said it: Carrie Bradshaw or The Dalai Lama? [Buzzfeed]