Out of all the Kardashians, I find myself irritated the most with Rob Kardashian, who truly (more than the rest of them) seems to do nothing to earn his keep. Don’t even tell me that “sock designer” qualifies as a true occupation either. All I really know for sure is that Rob spends most of his life doing vapid things and uses Twitter for evil; although he does have a noted habit of deleting most of his tweets, he famously used the social media platform to attack ex-girlfriend Rita Ora a few months ago. Interestingly enough, Rita just gave an interview in which she plays the “shoot, shag, or marry” game, and “I would marry Robert De Niro, I would shag Robert Pattinson and I would definitely, definitely, shoot Rob Kardashian.” So there’s no love lost there on either end.
For whatever reason, Us Weekly chose to profile Rob in their “25 things” feature. This guy couldn’t be more self-absorbed, and I find it interesting that everything he says refers to the aesthetic, and he seems to have no concept of a world outside his little bubble. Even when he’s given the chance to say he’d like to step into the life of someone else for a day, he doesn’t choose someone like Ghandi; he just wants to be a guy from Arcade Fire. Well, at least he’s honest, right?
1. My favorite ice cream is Haagen-Dazs coffee.
2. I sleep with my baby blanket, Kiki, that my nana made for me.
3. I won state cross-country competitions several times during high school.
4. I get a shave every week.
5. I also get regular manicures and pedicures at my house.
6. I literally change my phone number 10 times a year and I don’t ever save my contacts.
7. I called my sock line Arthur George after my middle name, followed by my dad’s middle name.
8. I’ve been on day one of my workout routine for two years.
9. In college, I drank so much lemonade I had to get my tonsils out.
10. My lucky number is 34.
11. I reorganize my closet nearly every week.
12. My favorite band to see live is Arcade Fire.
13. I say “Bible” instead of saying “I swear.”
14. I have 16 tattoos … and counting.
15. I only work out to R&B music.
16. I’m obsessed with neon sneakers.
17. I love gold jewelry!
18. I watch the BBC channel daily but only Top Gear and Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares.
19. I sanitize all the phones in my house weekly.
20. My favorite outdoor activity is what runner Steve Prefontaine called an “easy 10″: a basic 10-mile run.
21. I feel that Sour Patch Watermelons are the best candy.
22. If I could be anyone, I’d choose the lead singer of Arcade Fire, Win Butler.
23. My roulette numbers are 3, 4, 7, 11, 17, 26 and 32.
24. I graduated from the University of Southern California in 2009.
25. My favorite sister is my youngest one, Kylie.
[From Us Weekly]
Oh Rob. So many contradictions, starting with the admission about not working out for over two years to expressing enthusiasm for running an “easy” 10 miles. That’s a nice self-comparison to Steve Prefontaine, btw. Douche.
That bit about the lemonade and tonsilitis is really weird. While it’s true that an excess of acidic beverages can irritate the throat, I have to wonder if “lemonade” is some sort of drug slang in Rob’s case. All along, there have been buzzings (verifiable or not) that drug parties are not off limits for him. Somehow, he graduated from college, but I suspect that he coasted through on his father’s name.
Photos courtesy of WENN