I should make this a “Would You Hit It?” post because Rachel Weisz is just that sexy. Rachel is promoting Oz the Great and Powerful which comes out this weekend. Industry people say it’s going to be a hit, but I have my doubts. I just don’t understand who the target audience is, besides ladies who girl-crush on Rachel Weisz, Mila Kunis and Michelle Williams. Anyway, Rachel’s Esquire UK photo shoot is HOT, and her interview is predictably awesome. I love her.
Would she ever become a Bond Girl? “I’d like to! I wouldn’t say no. I’m not a snob about entertainment.”
She doesn’t always go for mainstream roles: “Some of the material I’m attracted to is not… it’s just not commercial. Which means it’s really f**king interesting, you know? It’s off-centre. It doesn’t fit in a genre.”
She doesn’t want to talk about her marriage to Daniel Craig: “There are lots of people involved, including children who are getting older. And they didn’t choose to have us as parents. I genuinely just don’t think it’s very fair on them to have their parents talk about stuff.”
Career successes: “You can be more successful if you’re more strategic. There’s a lot of big movies that I’m not interested in that I get offered. But this [Oz] was one that I really, really wanted to do. I was piqued by it.”
Her role model: “Jack White is how I’d like to act. You can tell he isn’t faking it and that the band really don’t know what they’re going to play next. It’s abandon. He just lets himself go. Abandon plus skill plus technique. That’s a great cocktail.”
Jack White is how I’d like to BE. He’s incredible on stage. As for Rachel’s “I’m not a snob about entertainment” comment – was she subtly throwing shade at her husband? Like, she’s saying she’s not a snob and I believe that, but there’s implicit judgment about the James Bond films, right? Like, she’s looking down on mass-entertainment films. Daniel is going to have to give her a good spanking for that one.
Photos courtesy of Esquire UK.
Written by Kaiser
Posted in Rachel Weisz
- Harry Styles & Kimberly Stewart going strong [Lainey]
- Demi Moore’s new man is gross [D-Listed]
- Fug or fab: Emma Stone [Go Fug Yourself]
- Arrest warrant issued for Jenelle Evans [Reality Tea]
- Only God Forgives review [Pajiba]
- Hugh Jackman, scooter master [Buzzfeed]
- Who does Drew Barrymore call her sister? [Evil Beet]
- Cannes couples past and present [Popsugar]
- Arrested Development supercut [CDAN]
- Lea Michele’s see through skirt [Celebslam]
- Cheating wife’s lover escapes out of window [Movin925]
- Joe Francis is crazy [Starcasm]