Apparently rabid teenage fans are starting to get a bit much for the Jonas Brothers. They’ve had to amp up security – to protect their underpants.
Teen pop sensations the Jonas Brothers have reportedly increased security after an unidentified group of fans began running off with their underwear.
During the band’s recent tour, the trio reportedly began noticing pairs of boxer shorts disappearing from their dressing rooms and initially passed it off as a gag.
But when notes began to turn up in the guys’ garment bags proclaiming: “Your undies are safe with us… The Undie Snatchers!” the brothers are said to have hired more security staff to keep their possessions safe.
According to the National Enquirer, all guests including crew, press and friends, must now be escorted to the Jonas’ dressing rooms backstage.
I would have been by far more impressed if they were stealing the underwear while the lads were still wearing them, but I guess you can’t have everything. A more simple solution might be to install a lock on their suitcase, instead of getting security to escort guests backstage. Presumably there was already a security presence screening who could come backstage.
The Jonas Brothers will be performing at the children’s inauguration party in Washington, along with Miley Cyrus. Since Miley is the ex-girlfriend of Nick, I’m hoping for one of those embarrassing hallway moments, like you used to suffer at school. Those traveling, tutored teens deserve to have some semblance of a normal childhood, and not knowing how to act around your ex-girlfriend who bad-mouthed you should be included. Of course, us common folk get a comment written on the back of a high school toilet door, not a song for the whole world to hear.
The Jonas Brothers are shown at The Golden Globes on 1/11/09. Credit: WENN
Written by Helen
- Harry Styles & Kimberly Stewart going strong [Lainey]
- Demi Moore’s new man is gross [D-Listed]
- Fug or fab: Emma Stone [Go Fug Yourself]
- Arrest warrant issued for Jenelle Evans [Reality Tea]
- Only God Forgives review [Pajiba]
- Hugh Jackman, scooter master [Buzzfeed]
- Who does Drew Barrymore call her sister? [Evil Beet]
- Cannes couples past and present [Popsugar]
- Arrested Development supercut [CDAN]
- Lea Michele’s see through skirt [Celebslam]
- Cheating wife’s lover escapes out of window [Movin925]
- Joe Francis is crazy [Starcasm]